Ford finally fixed all of the crazy issues they caused with Sync 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PharmerBrown

Reaction score
For those of you that have been suffering with Sync issues over the past several months, the end is in sight. Starting the car to have a blank AM station blasting, or maybe Sirius channel 0; voice commands telling you your phone is not connected; all of your settings reverting back every time you shut off the car; and many other issues.

Ford finally released the update to correct these, but you won't see it when trying to update over wifi. You'll have to download the update onto a USB drive from the Ford website and install it.

I was so frustrated over this, and am very happy Ford fixed it, but I'm not going to forget they caused the issue in the first place.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you that have been suffering with Sync issues over the past several months, the end is in sight. Starting the car to have a blank AM station blasting, or maybe Sirius channel 0; voice commands telling you your phone is not connected; all of your settings reverting back every time you shut off the car; and many other issues.

Ford finally released the update to correct these, but you won't see it when trying to update over wifi. You'll have to download the update onto a USB drive from the Ford website and install it.

I was so frustrated over this, and am very happy Ford fixed it, but I'm not going to forget they caused the issue in the first place.

Remember when Ford used to promote itself with the phrase, “Quality is Job 1”?

Anyone wonder why they no longer self-promote quality?

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this is an idiotic question (because expecting any secretive, legacy company like Ford to behave appropriately is just a bridge too far) but do they publish any version notes that shows what changes or fixes are present in a given version?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did the update on mine via USB. The new version is 3.4.23188. I also did a Nav update to NA 2.22. And FYI, the system update was available via wifi download. I had already downloaded the USB file and when I got in the veh I connected to our wifi and checked for updates and it was there too. I ended up plugging in the USB because it's way faster.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to Ford's website and did not see any new update for my 2019 Expedition. I do have 3.4.23188 already installed for about a month. It's very stable.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
>>>> pharmerbrown

THanks so much for letting me know about this sw upgrade.

I've had my vehicle in the shop with MANY problems related a bad APIM module and the dealer has one on order/backorder to replace the one in my vehicle.

This sw upgrade fixed all the problems i was having with the sync 3.

Thanks again for posting this information.

The sw version that fixed the problems is 3.4.23188

Easy to install if you follow the directions.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
huh, my 2019 has 3.0.20204 according to Ford and that's the latest.
I contacted Ford directly and it appears 2019 Expedition updates may have been discontinued. There is no info available for ANY future updates.
With that said, I already posted I have been running the latest firmware, (3.4.23188), for some time now. I downloaded and installed it, via USB, from a site posted in one of these forums. This procedure requires some technical skills, or one risks bricking their unit. I had no problem updating, but I am a tech.
So, if anyone, who cannot update through normal channels, decides to update their older model Expedition, to the latest firmware, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Woodwolf

Reaction score
huh, my 2019 has 3.0.20204 according to Ford and that's the latest.
just checked my 2019 Platinum:
installed is: 3.0.19205
Update available: 3.0.20204
From Ford.ca1695044298489.png

UPDATE: downloaded latest version , exfat32 thumb drive, install started fine with "updating Sync" finished after about 4 minutes, message "safe to eject USB drive", .XML file from vehicle is on USB drive as described, uploaded it. EXP still shows 19205 version. So nothing updated. What happened?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani