Ford partners with General Electric (ventilators)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford is teaming up with GE Health division and will be helping build essential parts for the assembly of General Electric’s Ventilators. Ford says one of it’s production facilities in Michigan will also re open to produce respirators (not to be confused with the ventilators). So far Ford is the only company that is 100% going to do this I believe. GM is also in talks about building ventilators.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21B1PD

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Here in Rochester NY ... another company Hickey Freeman is jumping on board to start production of masks. Good for them!! I think this is happening all over America right now and will happen more as people get the idea of what can be done.

https://www.wxxinews.org/post/hickey-freeman-workers-help-make-medical-masks-rgh

Hickey Freeman almost went out of business a few years ago but got some assistance from the NYS government to keep going. You may like or not like that but gotta admit its a welcome addition at this point. They are hiring now too.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tesla is going to make some too it looks like in addition to Ford and GM doing it. Wonder if demand will pass before they get the lines ready.

Last edited:

Redstripe19

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an example of Americans pulling together for the good of the country. Hopefully it will keep them afloat too. When everyone practices the social distancing and precautionary measures we can come together for the good of the country and our fellow man

This would have been a familiar concept during WWII but we have in general become complacent and selfish.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is nice to see companies and people pulling together for the good of the country.

Last edited:

knewblewkorvett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tesla is going to make some too it looks like in addition to Ford and GM doing it. Wonder if demand will pass before they get the lines ready.

I too wonder if demand will pass before they production is ready. I guess it's better to be over prepared than not. Plus, it keeps workers employed as I'm sure car lines are shutting down.

This is an example of Americans pulling together for the good of the country. Hopefully it will keep them afloat too. When everyone practices the social distancing and precautionary measures we can come together for the good of the country and our fellow man

This would have been a familiar concept during WWII but we have in general become complacent and selfish.

You got that right. This country sure has become complacent and selfish. It wasn't that long ago (9/11) we pulled together. Many have forgotten those days. We need to pull together again (and not hoard TP, lol)

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
GM better step up or I won’t consider the Silverado when I add to the stable end of year.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find the supply chain shortages interesting, some say they can’t get toilet paper. My supermarket has had plenty and is selling it by the commercial case (36 rolls), we haven’t had a shortage at all here. They seem to have done the smart thing, bringing in truck loads of commercial cases has slowed consumption down as everyone only buys one case and there has been enough to for everyone.

Last edited: