Ford sucks!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$3500 for new head gasket and timing chain
$2800 for new oil pump Edit: I ended up not paying this $2800 because I was quoted $1200 at another shop, but when I took it in to the other shop I ended up not doing it there either because they told me the crank bearings were falling apart (see pic of what was in my oil) and that it wasn't worth replacing the oil pump .

equals $6,300 of work in one month on a truck that barely has a blue book value of that much... i'm really hating ford right now. Should have just got a new engine but didn't know the oil pump was going to fail a week later. Also have to buy new shocks and tires which is going to be another $1,000++. Fix or repair daily is really starting to take affect!

Attachments

• IMG-20110810-00373.jpg
    IMG-20110810-00373.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have the same problems with my dodge neon and also used to with my silverado... so not just a ford problem

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have the same problems with my dodge neon and also used to with my silverado... so not just a ford problem

Also my crank shaft bearing are gone and the oil is filled with metal shavings.... guess you guys won't be seeing me around for too much longer because I'm getting rid of this thing. It's pretty sad because I wanted to keep this truck forever.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
motor upgrade time..... would cost less than buying a new vehicle and can build it right.... on our other site a couple people have lightning swaps in already...

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
motor upgrade time..... would cost less than buying a new vehicle and can build it right.... on our other site a couple people have lightning swaps in already...

i'm considering it, i'm just extremely pissed off ford did the the $3500 head gasket /timing chain / valve job without noticing the tons of metal shavings in my oil from the crank shaft bearings. That $3500 could have gone towards a new motor instead of just down the toilet. I've debating whether to put a new motor in or sell it... but I don't know if I've ready to spend $15,000 on high performance motor and tranny. I've got a lot of thinking to do.

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at my papers, my car has been in the shop every week since may 24and problems just keep getting worse instead of better

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I'm still mad that my ford had massive failure at such an early stage in its life. I worked out a deal with the dealership to replace the oil pump for the costs of the parts only ($400)... so it looks like I won't be getting rid of the expedition after all. Once a get this oil pump replaced, I still have to get my bilstein shocks replaced because they failed on me too:(

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad the dealer is working for you.... nice to see a dealer step up and help a customer...

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad the dealer is working for you.... nice to see a dealer step up and help a customer...

The dealer really hooked me up... they ended up doing the $2800 oil pump replacement for only $200 and it turned out my crank bearings are okay after all. Also included in the $200 they did a nice job washing the car by cleaning the rims which they usually miss when they wash. I can't believe I had so many things fail on such a well maintained vehicle but pretty happy that the Ford dealership was willing to help out.

Edit: Thought the dealer was helping me out but turns out they just ****************ed me over and got me to pay even more to service a dead engine

Attachments

• IMG-20110818-00017.jpg
    IMG-20110818-00017.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,290
Last edited: