FordPass app stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2021 Limited.

Is the Ford Pass app working for everyone? Both mine and my wife's has not updated the vehicle information for the past couple of days. None of the remote features are working (remote start, unlock..). I pull down on the app to refresh and nothing happens.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is working. Looks like it's version 4.11.0. I see it now has a charging station icon (or maybe that was there before and I never noticed). Maybe delete and reinstall?

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is working. Looks like it's version 4.11.0. I see it now has a charging station icon (or maybe that was there before and I never noticed). Maybe delete and reinstall?
Ok, it is just strange that BOTH mine and my wife's apps stopped working. It has to be something in common. Possibly a vehicle issue. I will have to go into the radio and make sure that connected services is turned on (not sure why it would turn off on it's own).

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I logged in and out of the app and after a little while it started working. I'll have to have my wife check here phone.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The most recent update they mentioned that they were not going to support any older versions going forward. Make sure the app is up to date. 4.12.0 is the most current on iOS.

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The most recent update they mentioned that they were not going to support any older versions going forward. Make sure the app is up to date. 4.12.0 is the most current on iOS.

Yep, we both have Android phones and are on the 4.12.0 version. My wife's is working now too. She didn't log in/out. It just started working again. I never did anything in the veh. Really weird. I do understand that this is kinda finicky/buggy tech for sure. Lots of things can bring it crashing down.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, we both have Android phones and are on the 4.12.0 version. My wife's is working now too. She didn't log in/out. It just started working again. I never did anything in the veh. Really weird. I do understand that this is kinda finicky/buggy tech for sure. Lots of things can bring it crashing down.
Honestly I think it is why they give it for free now...good selling point, but also people were going to be pissed if a paid service was that buggy.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm having this problem with my 23. FordPass says I need to turn on location sharing in my truck. But there is no location sharing permission to turn on. All other connected vehicle options are turned on.