Forscan Lite for iOS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all. Can anyone confirm whether a one-time purchase of the Forscan Lite app from the Apple store for $6.99 is then updated to newer versions as they become available automatically, or do you get a static version and then need to buy it again to get an update?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all. Can anyone confirm whether a one-time purchase of the Forscan Lite app from the Apple store for $6.99 is then updated to newer versions as they become available automatically, or do you get a static version and then need to buy it again to get an update?
Applies to versions.

OP
OP
m3olsen

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i don't understand this comment. The ios app does get updates, there is not a need to re-purchase it for every update.
Thanks @rd618 . I had interpreted @LokiWolf 's response to mean my purchase would be locked in at that version. I recently bought my OBDLink MX+ and haven't connected it yet. Was planning to follow Forscan's advice and test compatibility with the Forscan Viewer first, then purchase the Lite app.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks @rd618 . I had interpreted @LokiWolf 's response to mean my purchase would be locked in at that version. I recently bought my OBDLink MX+ and haven't connected it yet. Was planning to follow Forscan's advice and test compatibility with the Forscan Viewer first, then purchase the Lite app.
I have the app and paid the $7. It works great for my 2022. I'd highly recommend. I use the same MX+.
Great for running tests too, not all of them, but the most used and important ones are typically available.