FORSCAN write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I want to give a piece of my mind to the engineer who came up with the double horn honk when vehicle is running and you close the door and walk away with the keys in your pocket [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is a safety reason for it and if I'm not mistaken, you can put it into drive and drive off without the key if the vehicle is left running on its own. You can turn it off with FORScan and you can just close the door but not latch it all the way - so the running board stays down and it will not honk at you.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll be getting the recommended ODB reader soon, maybe next month when I’m actually parked somewhere long enough to get a package in the mail. Double horn honk is the first to go...then LED fogs as daytime runners, and some other stuff. Can the backup camera be turned on manually while driving in “D” down the road using ForScan ?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be getting the recommended ODB reader soon, maybe next month when I’m actually parked somewhere long enough to get a package in the mail. Double horn honk is the first to go...then LED fogs as daytime runners, and some other stuff. Can the backup camera be turned on manually while driving in “D” down the road using ForScan ?

I did the Fogs as DRL, I didn't do anything about the double honk because it is rarely an issue for me. I suspect that you will not be able to get the back up camera to work in drive but it will be interesting to see what everyone says.

I'm thinking about looking into that secure idle setting.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know I can get the camera to stay on with lockpick but it’s expensive.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I did the Fogs as DRL, I didn't do anything about the double honk because it is rarely an issue for me. I suspect that you will not be able to get the back up camera to work in drive but it will be interesting to see what everyone says.

I'm thinking about looking into that secure idle setting.

Secure idle is at the top of my list, Andy. Given the other SSV type options I’m confident it’s in there somewhere. On my to do list.