FORSCAN write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked about flasher location in another thread on here and was informed that flashers do not exist on my 2011. I already had purchased a flasher that was supposed to work

www.Superbrightled.com doesn't show a turn signal flasher for 2011, but fordparts.com shows a flasher but I can't tell if it is for the hazard lights or the turn signals. This might be one of those questions you have to ask a dealer.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2011&m=Ford&mo=Expedition&initSearch=1&keyword=turn signal flasher#Search

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here are the screenshots I have from the codes in the GEM. I don't really see in the first picture where I could change some 1s to 0s. In the second image it looks like my tail light out is already turned off. Wish that was on the front as well. Any thoughts?

Screenshot%201_zps8zwoyxnh.png

Screenshot%202_zpslx97dvyw.png

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the screenshots I have from the codes in the GEM. I don't really see in the first picture where I could change some 1s to 0s. In the second image it looks like my tail light out is already turned off. Wish that was on the front as well. Any thoughts?

Screenshot%201_zps8zwoyxnh.png
726-13 and 726-14 control the hyperflash for the front and the rear turn signals in BdyCM. Before you change these, I would ask @LokiWolf if he thinks these are the same in your GEM.

Ignore whatever you have where the lowercase x's are and replace the capital X or X's with what is listed in the "Specifics"

Disable Hyperflash for the front turn signals BdyCM 726-13-01 xXxX xxxx xx 0 (Disabled) 1 (Enabled)

Rear Lamp Outage Disable BdyCM 726-14-01 xXxX xxxx xx 0 (Disabled) 1 (Enabled)

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look what came in the mail today. But I’m flying to Tennessee for the weekend for work, so I’ll have to wait to play [emoji30]
e823bbbeea3d4fe7735c5f6423f1a30a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
www.Superbrightled.com doesn't show a turn signal flasher for 2011, but fordparts.com shows a flasher but I can't tell if it is for the hazard lights or the turn signals. This might be one of those questions you have to ask a dealer.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2011&m=Ford&mo=Expedition&initSearch=1&keyword=turn signal flasher#Search

Hazards dont hyperflash on 3rd gen.
ALL my lights are LEDs and individual turn signals hyperflash, but hazards dont.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^ ditto what “Goodbye” said. Only turn signals hyper flash not the hazards. Just checked this the other day. Incidentally, My LED tail lamp bulbs turned out to actually be slightly dimmer than my incandescents. Bummer. Wish I could find a stupidly bright brake lamp led bulb for my EL.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ ditto what “Goodbye” said. Only turn signals hyper flash not the hazards. Just checked this the other day. Incidentally, My LED tail lamp bulbs turned out to actually be slightly dimmer than my incandescents. Bummer. Wish I could find a stupidly bright brake lamp led bulb for my EL.

I'm beginning to think that the switchback LED's that I put up front aren't brighter than the incandescent bulbs. Also the LEDs that I'm using for my back up bulbs don't really light up much behind the truck. I've ordered another type that should be here in a day or two and I'll see if they are any better.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Easy.

JDM Astar. PX chips are pretty bright without being all-out-obnoxious.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu I have those in my tails. Seriously look at this comparison photo. They are dimmer [emoji30] left is incandescent and right is LED.
07f05135d1141ae0a858063e6f0426bb.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu I have those in my tails. Seriously look at this comparison photo. They are dimmer [emoji30] left is incandescent and right is LED.
07f05135d1141ae0a858063e6f0426bb.jpg

Red socket led-dotted shaft and projector lens on the tip "studded *****" variety? Or the lil things that double as dome lights?