FORSCAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WesT

Reaction score
OK everyone, I have a 2014 Expy and I want to modify the programming for ALL available options in this model year. I have FORSCAN and I have the OBD reader and can get to the modules fine. Being this is not programmed IPE (in plain english) I need the breakdown of the codes in order to change the parameters. This seems to be an impossible task. I have searched hundreds of forums and independent sites and all I can get is "this works on my F150", you can replace F150 with every other Ford model, but they DO NOT program the Expy's nor the Navigators with these codes. They will not work. I simply want a listing for the Expedition, which seems impossible to get. I implore anyone who has this info or a spreadsheet of codes that work to help me if you can. I don't care if it is a Canadian model or US model. I thank you in advance...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are Several Threads on this Exact Subject. In the FORSCAN area there are threads for the earlier 3rd Gens, and one for the 15-17(It is a Sticky). In the 15-17 Thread there is a link to a sheet that has the most current info for the 15-17 that has been confirmed to work. The coding should be close for the earlier 15-17, but is not guaranteed to work. That is your best bet for a starting place. If you get things to work, I suggest you paste up in the thread for the Earlier 3rd gens and pass on what you discover. That is what those of us with the 15-17’s have done.

Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
W

WesT

Reaction score
Thanks LokiWolf, but as I stated, 14's are the bastard of coding...don't know why...started with these codes as a POI but to no avail. I do not know why there isn't a definitive sheet on coding for this series, I know it exists in the manufacturers data, it just hasn't been leaked or posted up yet. If it were a possibility i would take my 14 off line and just play with the data stream to try and generate a comprehensive list. I have scoured the internet to the best of my experience and to no avail...I used to be connected to Ford via collegiate engineering, a connection I wish I still had for sure. There are not many old time mechanics left out there that actually are knowledgeable enough to work on their own vehicles, we are a dying breed.

OP
OP
W

WesT

Reaction score
LokiWolf...also would be nice if programming was done IPE as the newer gen's are...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@WesT

I agree with all of your points. Sorry I can’t help more. I have owned a 15 Expy, Currently own a 16 Edge, and 17 Expy. I just haven’t owned a earlier Gen Ford where I could dig in with FORSCAN.

I’ve helped a bunch of friends make changes but in 15+ vehicles, including a fair bit on a neighbors Escape.

Trial and Error is how most of this was figured out. No secret access to an Engineer or Ford Tech. The way there System does programming at the Dealer is completely different. We found a model or trim that did what we wanted and compared and tried code. Sometimes I used Explorer Code, sometimes 150, even used some Fusion code to get a few things to work on my Edge(Similar Platform).

Plati

Reaction score
I used to work at Xerox.
This sounds like how a big Xerox printer "works". There are a set of binary values stored in NVM (non volatile memory). The operating software reads these values and uses the read value to determine how the printer will function. You can enable or disable features , change timing , or whatever the system software has control over by changing an NVM value. Some values are read only at machine startup and others are read every time a software routine is executed. If you don't know what part of the software is keying off these values, you can get yourself in a world of hurt with one simple change. You can have multiple software modules all using one NVM location, sometimes in conjunction with another NVM location. You can change one NVM value and the software will automatically update a bunch of other values that you may not know about. Its the Wild West. Xerox guarded its knowledge of that NVM map zealously. Often times a fix to a problem found in the field was simply done through an NVM update.

Its kind of amazing how similar a big Xerox printer is to a motor vehicle. Both have a lot of computers, local area networks, electrical devices, sensors, etc. Xerox had a rich patent portfolio developed in the 80's that was relevant to motor vehicles. Some licensing ($$$) was done of the patent portfolio to the auto industry.

Last edited:

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have a 2014 Expedition EL King Ranch 4x4 with a low serial # 00002 Its completely loaded with every option, has only 108,000 miles on it and super clean with no accidents. I am looking for a spreadsheet of programming codes for it. I do all the work on ti myself. i change all the fluids , tune up,ect. Ive done several mods and fixed a couple problems.
For example, The electric running boards. When they started to hang up i took them off and drilled a small hole in the gear box attached to the motor and filled them with synthetic oil. Then i threaded a small screw in the hole so i could add fluid later on.Never had another issue with them. I also used a ridgid shop vac to clean out all the spark plug holes before changing the plugs. Suck the holes holes out dont blow them out with an air gun. It will force things to get stuck in the hole that will drop in as you take the plug out. Use a light coat of copper never seeze on the treads before installing. The last hole #8 is always a bugger. verify the hole is clean with a phone camera or probe if you have one. Use motorcraft 5w-30 synthetic blend in hot climates its better for the top end of the motor and the cam phasers. A 5 quart container at walmart is only 19$. Any questions contact me i will help if i can. Love to see some codes sheets for a 2014!!!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have a 2014 Expedition EL King Ranch 4x4 with a low serial # 00002 Its completely loaded with every option, has only 108,000 miles on it and super clean with no accidents. I am looking for a spreadsheet of programming codes for it. I do all the work on ti myself. i change all the fluids , tune up,ect. Ive done several mods and fixed a couple problems.
For example, The electric running boards. When they started to hang up i took them off and drilled a small hole in the gear box attached to the motor and filled them with synthetic oil. Then i threaded a small screw in the hole so i could add fluid later on.Never had another issue with them. I also used a ridgid shop vac to clean out all the spark plug holes before changing the plugs. Suck the holes holes out dont blow them out with an air gun. It will force things to get stuck in the hole that will drop in as you take the plug out. Use a light coat of copper never seeze on the treads before installing. The last hole #8 is always a bugger. verify the hole is clean with a phone camera or probe if you have one. Use motorcraft 5w-30 synthetic blend in hot climates its better for the top end of the motor and the cam phasers. A 5 quart container at walmart is only 19$. Any questions contact me i will help if i can. Love to see some codes sheets for a 2014!!!

Scott, Please read above...the info has not changed unless the OP to this thread has done the trial and error needed to figure out the coding changes.