forum newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDSpimp

Reaction score
Hey all I've recently acquired a 2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer at my shop that the customer abandoned. The main issue with the truck is that it needs a new engine, I don't have a lot of history on the vehicle but I do know low compression on cylinders #2, #3, and #4 and the crank case if fuel of gasoline and engine is currently locked up. I am a professional technician and an independent repair shop in Colorado with about 17 years experience in mainly diesel. I dabble with automotive and gas engines but my true passion is for Diesel. I plan on posting later with ideas and thoughts on engine replacement and possible upgrades. but for now I plan on going through the rest of the vehicle and figuring out how much love she is actually going to need beyond engine replacement.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:welcome:Post some photos of the interior and exterior. Some members may be able to help with related repair estimates from experience.

Re your diesel interest..... my fish boat (avatar) had a GMC 6V71 for the main
propulsion, and a 4 cyl. Isuzu auxiliary to run hydraulics, refrigeration, and electronics.

Last edited:

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd just go grab a cheap junk yard engine at a u-pull it lot. Would end up being cheaper more than likely.

Noitidepxe

Reaction score
If you do diesel, how about a 7.3? Don't get much better than that. There'd be a lot of beefing up you'd have to do but it'd be cool.