Found out the hard way about my Expy's field of view...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went on a family trip today, the expy still can't do 70 going uphill, but flooring it doesn't cause problems anymore and hey, me and my brother already weigh a thousand pounds, then you got my mom and dad at another... 500 or so, so it's a lot of weight. Engine and AC are good now, though, yay!

Anyway, we were parked for the fourth or so time, I start to pull out, dad starts yelling "go right" because he got mixed up... guess what I couldn't see right underneah the front of the hood?

IMG_20180822_1602011.jpg

IMG_20180822_1601573.jpg

A stupid one of those 2-foot-tall light pole concrete bases... without the pole, of course. At least it wasn't worse, right? Don't forget about it if you park near something short y'all :(

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The yellow will buff right out with some 3M cutting compound and a rag or buffer, and the plastic will snap back into place.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just reminded me of the 70's song, he ain't heavy, he's my brother! 3 m compund in the tall bottle from the auto paint supply is good stuff. Just had to do the whole right side yesterday, don't ask! Got out 80 percent of the scrape that started at passenger side front door and didn't stop untill half way back on the quarter panel. Finished off with Klasse German wax, great stuff. Wednesday, was a day I don't want to repeat for quite awhile, if ever.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

KC1903

Reaction score
Fixed !

I am one happy camper.

One new coil, 10 miles of driving to clear out the cats.

All 8 cylinders firing, motor is smooth, no stumble, mpg up like i’ve Never seen before. Saturday morning i’ll Disconnect the batter and short the cables with a cold motor, then start and idle for 20 minutes as the ECm re-learns. Then a spirited drive so the trans re-learns.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad your running right again.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know it's probably incredibly easy to fix on my own, but I don't really trust myself not to break it (and I still don't have a place to work on it, I sure ain't laying down on gravel in the driveway, ouch) so after I drop it off on monday the mechanic's just gonna put the trim back in place and take off a bit of the yellow paint, heh, it's only 30 or so bucks he said so why not?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For $30.00, if he buffs out paint, and removed/installs parts, that's a no brainier. Here in the Bay area, that job would be at least $250.00 and up!

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For $30.00, if he buffs out paint, and removed/installs parts, that's a no brainier. Here in the Bay area, that job would be at least $250.00 and up!

Well, a new bumper is $300!

You know what's annoying? My drivers side window switch has decided that today it wants to require about 20 presses before it works, for some reason, and of course today I end up with a bee trying to get in the car...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire