Fox 2.0 Coilovers and BDS UCAs finally installed!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
63097DAD-FCD1-4626-B94D-E67084FE003D.jpeg 02340919-B19F-42B2-B25F-2543FEE20EF9.jpeg 076F4BB1-5FF2-49AE-9CBD-3A28E58E60DA.jpeg 875BD802-7F5D-4734-AEDA-0FA892AB8D3B.jpeg Only had these things since November and it as been a wet awful winter. It has rained on all my days off expect for 2 since November.
But today was 65 and Sunny so I got to work!
So the Bilstein clunk is gone. I am sitting about 1” higher vs. the Bilsteins so essentially I am at a 3/2 level. I am hoping it will settle a bit as I do like a little rake.
I also swapped out the nongreaseable OEM end links for some Moog greaseable units.
Install was the same as the Bilsteins but the lower control arm does not have to come down near as far.
Ride comfort is out of this world compared to the Bilsteins. I have a small pop on occasion that I am hoping will be remedied with an alignment.
Sure wish Fox made a set of these for the rears. I have a feeling I’ll be ponying up for the ICON rears come Black Friday when they have their 20% off sale.
Plenty of room between the coil and control arm. No rubbing of the tire on the UCA but there is no chance of running a 12.5” tire on a factory rim with these UCAs. I have about an 11.5” tire and there is not much room compared to the OEM arms but they hit the coil so makes sense.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome!
Did you adjust the coil at all?

Are you running Bisteins in the rear as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aces

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Icon rears are totally worth it. Im happy to see others going outside the box and getting more dirt worthy suspensions. (Not hating on anyone, I’m just happy I’m not the only one)

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome!
Did you adjust the coil at all?

Are you running Bisteins in the rear as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made no adjustments to the Foxes. Hoping they will settle slightly. I don’t really want to pull them again to bring them down a bit.

I have Bilstein 4600s with the Readylift 2” spaced on the rear. I did this before the 5100s were available for the Expedition.
These will almost certainly be replaced with the ICONS. Unless by November Fox comes out with something for our fears though I don’t expect it.
Would be nice also if ICON would just release a 2.5 without resis or dampening adjustments.

Hoping the alignment will eliminate the light popping I have somewhere in there.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to retorque everything after driving it for a bit and found one nut on the sway bar endlink had backed off a touch after tightening it down the pop I had been having was gone.

Took it in for an alignment the other day and the factory alignment bushings in the lower control arms were seized so they put in some upgraded and extra adjustable SPC bushings that appear to pretty solid bushings. Hopefully so for $45 a pop.

2-D34-EE03-51-DA-4-D2-C-A621-F60686-C5-EAE3.jpg

I used a shop that specializes in heavy duty trucks. Did not just want to take it to a tire place and the local off road shop just takes their to the Acura dealer next door.
I thought about seeing if the Audi dealership would do it as they have superb alignment equipment and their service is top notch (I do miss my A4 Avant that thing was a monster in the twisties with the Quattro system and Koni Coilovers).

Very pleased with the price and service of the truck shop.
So anything I can’t do they’ll be where I take it.

But back to the suspension. Wow the ride is great! I don’t foresee Fox making rears for these rigs anytime soon so I will likely end up with ICONs to replace my rear Bilsteins with a ReadyLift.

They are on sale for 15% off at Stage3 Motorsports currently but I just forked out some cash for a new mountain bike so no extra funds. They generally do 20% for Black Friday so I’ll stack the pennies away.

max78

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man I wish I could justify putting a full Icon setup on my Expy. . . But they dont have one for my year and cant justify the $ for what my truck is worth. . .

PNWExpy

Reaction score
View attachment 34801 View attachment 34802 View attachment 34803 View attachment 34804 Only had these things since November and it as been a wet awful winter. It has rained on all my days off expect for 2 since November.
But today was 65 and Sunny so I got to work!
So the Bilstein clunk is gone. I am sitting about 1” higher vs. the Bilsteins so essentially I am at a 3/2 level. I am hoping it will settle a bit as I do like a little rake.
I also swapped out the nongreaseable OEM end links for some Moog greaseable units.
Install was the same as the Bilsteins but the lower control arm does not have to come down near as far.
Ride comfort is out of this world compared to the Bilsteins. I have a small pop on occasion that I am hoping will be remedied with an alignment.
Sure wish Fox made a set of these for the rears. I have a feeling I’ll be ponying up for the ICON rears come Black Friday when they have their 20% off sale.
Plenty of room between the coil and control arm. No rubbing of the tire on the UCA but there is no chance of running a 12.5” tire on a factory rim with these UCAs. I have about an 11.5” tire and there is not much room compared to the OEM arms but they hit the coil so makes sense.
Sounds like you parted ways with your expy but how did this set up work for you? I’ve got a 2020 xlt im trying to lift a bit. Been in these threads for a minute now.

tskrypek

Reaction score
By any chance are these the FOX struts you used? Has anybody tried this setup?

FACTORY RACE SERIES 2.5 COIL-OVER RESERVOIR SHOCK (PAIR) - 883-02-132

My son has an extra set and he was wondering if I could use them on my 2017 Ford Expedition EL Limited

I believe the Fox F150 version is about 0.75" longer Extended length than the Ford Expy extended Length. Travel is the same at 5.01". They say lift is 0-2"

Terry

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front suspension *should* just be standard F150 spec iirc.

I forget which years work though.