Friday night lights, left truck damaged!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mquick5

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Rodgerd1959

That icon is the heated mirror icon, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mquick5

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score

They’re very nice when the back is loaded and can’t see out of the rear view mirror (I can see completely behind the truck) and allow me to see the rear tires when backing in. The stock ones are almost as small as the mirrors on my wife’s focus. I’ll admit I wouldn’t have justified buying them if I wasn’t hauling my boat, but now that I have them I’m glad to have them all the time.

Eric Mowrer

Reaction score
If they were powerfold, I’d be tempted. But parking in Miami would be a bear with these things. Would be nice towing the boat.

fife199

Reaction score
If you want to keep OEM parts, try a salvage yard. I like car-part.com, a mirror is small enough to ship from anywhere in the country..I did a quick search and found plenty for around $100-$150..

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
@Rodgerd1959

That icon is the heated mirror icon, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It looks like it could be, a dead ICON, or it could be what I think. Its for sure stupid, if you turn your mirror heaters on and little lights come on, outside, on the mirror face. To be sure, that would probably mess with a passing motorist, I would have to flip my blinker on, just to mess with people! However, could be like you say, a emblem that the mirrors are heated. It's all kind of funny, you have the switch on the dash, why do you have to have a reminder on the mirror. I remember old Lincolns, it was spelled out, in cursive no less, right on the mirror. You could see it better, on the passenger side, than that, Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear, warning. I guess they wanted little old ladies to know the things were heated, nice n toasty! Before she augured that Land Yacht into the path of something closer than it appeared. Now we have this curious debate going on, ok, which one of us is going to order at least one to see just exactly what that is??? Amazon, it's free returns, right? Oh, lord, I gotta stop! Oh, darn, we are calling it by the wrong name, they are not Icons, they are pictograms??? Very, very, very, suspicious pictograms! Put there by space aliens, didn't fit their interstellar space conveyance, now they are pissed, and trying to mess with our heads! Geeze, its 3:30 AM, I am so senile I forgot to go to bed!!! OMG, if they did light up when your turned the heater on, a passing motorist thinks they tripped the alert. You turn them off, and start over into their lane, bet they would be a bug-eyed then!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carloss0712