Friday night lights, left truck damaged!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After my son's football game tonight, we returned to the truck and found the drivers mirror damaged. Looked like some kid walk by and just smacked it! It was pointed up and out, no other damage to truck, that's why I think it was done by hand. Drove it home and was able to pop it back into place, so we can at least see out of it to drive now.

So what are my options for replacements? I think I read where the truck is all ready pre-wired for the turn signal mirrors? Truck is 2017 Xlt El with manual fold heated mirrors. Any input or links to replacements would be appreciated. I found these so far on eBay, but they dont have the blind spot mirror.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Set...h=item568961e6bd:g:AI8AAOSwOSVdaGKX#vi-ilComp

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you tow at all, or even if you don’t, the Trail Ridge tow mirrors are an awesome upgrade for only a bit more.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
The E bay mirrors look exactly like the ones on my 2016. If you look closer at the photos, each mirror has that tiny yellow, "something is in your blind spot", warning light, located in the area a blind spot mirror would go. I guess if you don't have all those proximity sensors on your vehicle that hook into the little yellow warning lights you could just get a couple of stick on BS mirrors and stick them over the mirrors warning lights. Or, thinking outside the box, AMAZON sells small L and R side, wide field of view, rear view cameras that would go in place of the vehicles mirrors, along with the dash mounted display. A couple of those systems, and the harness that turns the correct camera on with the corresponding turn signal I think started at around $ 200.00 and went on up. It may take a little getting used to, but street urchins would have nothing to whack the next time they walked by.

81+9lrbxyXL._AC_UY218_SEARCH213888_ML3_.jpg $ 56.00 each 71CHwhJCI3L._AC_UY218_SEARCH213888_ML3_.jpg $ 69.00 monitor example.

I have seen the monitors with 2, 3, or 4 pre-defined areas of the monitor for L, R, and Rear simultaneous views running around $ 150.00

Just some Ideas.

OP
OP
mquick5

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you tow at all, or even if you don’t, the Trail Ridge tow mirrors are an awesome upgrade for only a bit more.
Dont tow with it, atleast so far, still using my old Suburban for towing. Do you have a link for the trail ridge, or do I just search amazon?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mquick5

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@rodgerD1959

I dont see the blind spot sensors? And info says not included. And I definitely dont like the idea of cameras instead of mirrors.

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
@rodgerD1959

I dont see the blind spot sensors? And info says not included. And I definitely dont like the idea of cameras instead of mirrors.

If you look at the top outside corner of the mirror's in the picture there is a small mirror icon. I am assuming that this is the light that comes on when a vehicle equipped with the sensor system detects a vehicle there. On the Ford factory mirror, in the same location, there is a small circle that lights up. Most likely these mirrors are so equipped. Nothing is mentioned about it cause they are marketing to all Ford vehicle owners with vehicles equipped with this style mirror. To keep advertising cost down they didn't want to pay for extra type, (Mirror fits all Ford vehicles with this type mirror. Mirror also supports blind spot sensor equipped Ford vehicles, with a light illuminating a small mirror symbol in top outer corner of each mirror. Electrical connection fits either type of vehicle.), and then you add into that statement potential product misrepresentation/liability costs. Say the plug dosen't fit all vehicles, somebody doesn't read the statement correctly and has a wreck, even if the manufacturer/seller prevails in court, it costs them time, money, aggravation to show up. 1 thing can do it all, we will only advertise the black and white basics, skip any grey areas.

For example, Don't know the real why of this, but the Platinum Expedition EL, 15, 16, 17 generally has every option available installed, excluding the DVD headrest rear seat infotainment system, HD tow package, and maby 1 or 2 other real expensive add on options. Its been proven with out dispute, none of the 15, 16, 17, Expeditions were ever equipped with the heated steering wheel option. Ford swears by it, the dealers swear by it, the vehicle specific built as sheet doesn't list it, not offered, not an available option, never equipped, SO THEY ALL SAY.

Well mine has one, all I had to do is enable it in the Steering Module, if I recall the module correctly, with Forscan. Could be a one and a million fluke, Ford still swears it's not there, and there is no warranty on the one I have, that is not there, but feeling is believing I say, my digits will be warm this winter. I liken this to the wiring harness drama with Chrysler back in the late 70's. The Crysler Cordoba offered cornering lamps as a $ 175.00+ option. Or if you had one with out the option all you had to do is pick up 2 $ 1.75 replacement bulbs at the parts store. Stick them in the empty existing sockets, and Voila! You just saved over $ 170.00+, they came on with the blinker, and even had the off delay of 5 or 6 seconds after the blinker turned off. LOL, Showed that trick to a friend who had a new one and gripped about what he paid for the car, should have come with the option, got tired of his B****ing, got the bulbs stuck them in. I think he fiddled with the blinkers for an hour, like what he was seeing, was not real, it was funny.

Again, seen this time and time again, with transportation vehicles, cheaper to carry one product able to address all offered options, as opposed to 50 or 100 option specific ones. Boeing is the only company comes to mind that killed people over this. Or did they, the supporting equipment, and electrical connections are already there. They excluded the left side A.O.A. sensor form the aircraft. To skate additional pilot training requirements, and to offer it as a many multi thousand dollar upgrade to the airlines. All an airline maintenance hanger needs to do is order a replacement sensor, perhaps less than a grand or two, stick it on the max jet and fly on, TELL THE PILOTS ITS THERE TOO. Actually it's proven to be a bit more complicated, MCAS and TCAS have issues with each other, FAA is in a snit, hoping it's worked out before mid November, we will see. What ever, but the basic concept is still the same. And in closing, I could be full of hot air over what I see in your photos, still looks like BS lights.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dont tow with it, atleast so far, still using my old Suburban for towing. Do you have a link for the trail ridge, or do I just search amazon?

They’re on amazon, but say they don’t fit. I’ll check the box in my garage for the exact model in the morning.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After my son's football game tonight, we returned to the truck and found the drivers mirror damaged. Looked like some kid walk by and just smacked it! It was pointed up and out, no other damage to truck, that's why I think it was done by hand. Drove it home and was able to pop it back into place, so we can at least see out of it to drive now.

So what are my options for replacements? I think I read where the truck is all ready pre-wired for the turn signal mirrors? Truck is 2017 Xlt El with manual fold heated mirrors. Any input or links to replacements would be appreciated. I found these so far on eBay, but they dont have the blind spot mirror.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Set-Of-2-For-2007-2017-Ford-Expedition-Heated-With-Memory-Manual-Fold/371672082109?fits=Year:2017|Model:Expedition&epid=1141393787&hash=item568961e6bd:g:AI8AAOSwOSVdaGKX#vi-ilComp

You could buy an OEM mirror from a Ford dealer, so it would match and you vehicle is not very old.