Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam_MFE2004

Reaction score
I have an '07Expedition 4WD. I just took it through inspection and it failed again for Front brake imbalance. This is the 2nd time it failed for this. I replaced the Master cylinder, both front rotors, pads and calipers. What else could it be?

15559319701961227121166374619654.jpg

15559320149681747457794860573028.jpg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
We don't quantify "brake imbalance" here in America that I know of. But we all know what it feels like to have brakes pull to one side or another, so I assume that's your problem? It looks like your breaks would be pulling to the left?

Not sure how your test measures the imbalance, but it seems you've replaced everything except the front brake hoses, which in these trucks have been reported to "break down" with time. Perhaps one of them is ballooning slightly or collapsed in its inner layers. I would change them. Heck, you've changed everything else. Also, an air bubble would be the most likely cause, so bleed the brakes again.

Since you've changed the master cylinder, it's possible that the anti-lock brake module must be bled. This is done using the proper diagnostic computer which vibrates the antilock valves.

Depending on how this test is done, a worn shock also causes a truck to pull toward the warn shock. I would also check the brake pad mounting, check that the rotors are seating properly,not on a rusty hub, that the calipers and pads slide freely not hanging up on any ridges, and that your new calipers are of good quality.

Lastly, a worn wheel bearing can cause brake pull. Check them for looseness and play.

What I've said is all probably obvious but I hope it's helpful. Good luck.

Good to hear from my fatherland.

Last edited:

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
A very common thing are the brake flex lines to the calipers. They can corrode from the inside out which causes what people refer to as collapsing a lot of times.

edit: bah. I hate not being able to delete posts. Looks like trainmaster already mentioned it.

OP
OP
A

Adam_MFE2004

Reaction score
So, this is everything that has been done to this truck:
Parts installed:
1ea set Powerstop Extreme calipers
1ea set Powerstop Extreme Drilled&Slotted rotors
1ea set Powerstop Extreme Carbon fiber pads
1ea Motorcraft Master cylinder

Maintenance:
Manual bleeding all 4 positions
Vacuum bleeding all 4 positions
2x Computer Bleed ABS system
Visually inspected brake lines and hoses for warping, bulging, cracking and leaks.(no defect noted)

Trying next:
1st pressure bleeding
R2 brake lines
??????????

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
So, this is everything that has been done to this truck:
Parts installed:
1ea set Powerstop Extreme calipers
1ea set Powerstop Extreme Drilled&Slotted rotors
1ea set Powerstop Extreme Carbon fiber pads
1ea Motorcraft Master cylinder

Maintenance:
Manual bleeding all 4 positions
Vacuum bleeding all 4 positions
2x Computer Bleed ABS system
Visually inspected brake lines and hoses for warping, bulging, cracking and leaks.(no defect noted)

Trying next:
1st pressure bleeding
R2 brake lines
??????????
I think I'd replace the flex lines if it were me and I had to get checked for balance. Like was mentioned, we don't mess with that over here thankfully. You can't tell if the flex lines are bad. They can look like new and still be bad.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
1. Check wheel bearings for play.
2. Check Chinese Power Stop calipers for junkiness.
3. Replace brake hoses.

Are the slotted rotors directional? If they have a right and left designation, make sure they are correct.

highlandre

Reaction score
I had a problem with my lines that I couldn't get them properly bled and the back rotor was all sorts of warped. Turns out it was a brake line that had been installed backwards putting too much strain and causing a minor defect. Once I replaced the line and the rotor it's been great.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jack the front up and turn the wheel by hand and have someone press the brake pedal. It will stop and as soon as they let pedal up it should turn again (keep pressing on it). A bad brake hose will keep it stopped for .5-1.5 seconds after pedal is up.
Have them yell, UP, DOWN, UP

OP
OP
A

Adam_MFE2004

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's suggestions, it ended up being a failed front right brake hose. Will be ordering and replacing. Sucks trying to get parts for US spec vehicles here in Germany.