Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnunes71

Reaction score
Just bought an 05 Navigator and there is a noise from the front end. Sounds like drivers side, knock or click sound when going over a bump. If I jerk the steering wheel to the left it will make the sound just once. Any ideas? Hub&bearin, CV shaft?

Thank you

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ball joints...upper/lower...should be time to change

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not in these...much heavier vehicle...when mine were bad it sounded like a knock or thuds....happened when I turned and when I would go over bumps...replaced those and no more sound....but u can visually see if theyre bad and how bad the are...also just the truck up and pull on the well or arm...if theres a lot of play time to change them...I have an 04...pretty sure its time to change them

Stanger4Life

Reaction score
not in these...much heavier vehicle...when mine were bad it sounded like a knock or thuds....happened when I turned and when I would go over bumps...replaced those and no more sound....but u can visually see if theyre bad and how bad the are...also just the truck up and pull on the well or arm...if theres a lot of play time to change them...I have an 04...pretty sure its time to change them

You are more than likely right on this. I would test like he said, they are pretty obvious to diagnose.