Front parking sensors on XLT - available from factory? Can be added later?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aleks

Reaction score
I am looking at Expedition XLT model fully loaded (for that trim) including 202A and driver assistance packages. I am trying to figure out whether this would include front parking sensors. One dealer says “yes” another says “no - you have to go to Limited.” I could not find anything authoritative on internet but tables comparing different trims seem to indicate that indeed front sensor is available on limited and up.

Two questions for this forum
1. On XLT trim - can you get front parking sensor and if so with which options?
2. Assuming you can’t - can they be added after delivery and seamlessly integrated into vehicle system (not aftermarket gizmos)? I’d imagine system is mostly wired up so it would be a matter of drilling holes in bumper and installing factory parts.

Many thanks
Aleks

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the systems that you're describing, and it does NOT come standard with the 202A, I went after-market and had CarToyz install a pair of sensors which activates some bells and whistles. Works for me, as opposed to spending another couple thousand for a flashing light or something

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
XLT with option 202A and Technology Package will have front sensors for adaptive cruse control. These sensors are also used for parking in the Ford Sync3 System.

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmmm, just looked at my spec sheet, and I do not have the technology package. Have the connectivity package, and the driver assist package, but no technology package

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
XLT with option 202A and Technology Package will have front sensors for adaptive cruse control. These sensors are also used for parking in the Ford Sync3 System.
I have the 202A package and the driver assistance package. I do not have front parking sensors.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons i stepped up to the ltd trim, that, the power running boards(love em) and the premium sound system(love it). The global windows is a plus as well but didnt know what that was until i was playin with the fob one day.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons i stepped up to the ltd trim, that, the power running boards(love em) and the premium sound system(love it). The global windows is a plus as well but didnt know what that was until i was playin with the fob one day.
Oooh, do tell. What is the global windows?

@Yukon Joe

OP
OP
A

Aleks

Reaction score
What is "technology package" - same as "Driver assistance?" One dealer told me that - while driver assistance does have front sensors (for cruise control) - they are different from ones used for parking. Intuitively this makes sense as sensors used for driving have much greater range - ones used for parking are ultrosonic based ones.

Do you happen to have a car with that configuration?

Thank you

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The global windows feature allows you open and close the windows outside the car. I use it more than i thought. You hold the lock and unlock buttons on ur fob. It wouldve been nice if u could do this on the app buttons as well.

I believe the tech pkg is an xlt pkg that gives you sync 3, mft, and all the charging ports. Its weird they make this a pkg buts only availablr on xlt 202s and up and not an option on the other xlts. The drivers assist pkg gives you adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, and blis. In essence what ur dealer said is correct. The xlt doesnt have front park sensors but it has sensors for the cruise, wipers and lane keep assist.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the[sic] 'technology package'?"
I second this question. I see there's a "technology package" available for the navigator, but can't find anything on such a package for the Expedition.