Front parking sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Everyone makes things too difficult. You disconnect the existing sensors and mount new ones in (or on) the push bar. From there it's just making the wiring look neat.

kcarroll

Reaction score
where's the fuse?

I know I'm late to this but I've looked for an answer since buying a 2013 Limited EL; my first of six with the front parking sensor. The dealer has no clue and simply unplugged the wiring harness which also kills the fog lights. At this point, I just want to find the fuse and pull it. I can deal with the error message.
Thanks,

mtrebuchon

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten anywhere with this issue? Yes, you can disable just the front or just the rear using the "Setup / Reset" buttons but you have to do it EVERY time you start the vehicle because on power-up it defaults to enable.

P.S. The dealers are still clueless!!! :321:

dstiemann

Reaction score
I haven't found anywhere that lists the steps to disable the front sensors. It doesn't list that as an option. Disable Lift gate & running boards, yes, but nothing about front or rear sensors. I have a 2014 Exoedition EL Limited. Thanks in advance for any insight.

zutalores

Reaction score
I would just relocate them to the push bar and fab something up look nice. I had to turn off my rear sensors after an accident on my `12 Limited, and it was crazy annoying. The body shop unplugged them until my parts came in. $5,000 for a fender bender, but at least my rear will be fresh and clean!

HTR21

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten anywhere with this issue? Yes, you can disable just the front or just the rear using the "Setup / Reset" buttons but you have to do it EVERY time you start the vehicle because on power-up it defaults to enable.

P.S. The dealers are still clueless!!! :321:

I had the instrument cluster replaced and the dealership cannot reprogram it to disable the front sensors. I'm looking into relocating the sensors. Does anyone know if chrome paint will affect them? Or, how compatible are the Ford sensors with aftermarket chrome sensors?

Scott Carden

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2014 EL King Ranch 4x4 . I just installed a Bull Bar. Front sensors are driving me nuts. I am going to order 2 new sensors and relocate them. I’ll post pics when I’m finished.

vincentrose

Reaction score
Ranch Hand sells Sensor covers. These stick over the sensors so that items like Grill Guards dont set them off. Works like a charm. On my 2014 Expy, I installed a grill guard and of course, the annoying beep never stops. I only had to put these covers on the 2 center sensors, while leaving the outside sensors alone. Worked like a charm, they seem to work just like before

Last edited: