Front passenger window stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

summerspa

Reaction score
2007 Expedition
Bought the vehicle used.
Power windows worked fine, but seemed a little slow going up.
Installed new Ventshade window vents. The current style fits inside the window channel. That concerned me a little, but the windows still worked, just slower starting back down.
After a few weeks the front passenger window went up, but then wouldn't come back down. It would start to but then stop.
Today I decided to take a look at it and put a suction cup on the inside to help move it down. It moved down about 1/2 an inch and then stopped. It would go back up by itself, but I have to pull the suction cup down to get it to move down.
My sons think it has jumped the track. I haven't pulled the interior door panel off yet.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a motor getting bad on you. The shade fits on the top of channel, pushing the window against it might have put a strain on an already old motor. Pull the panel and see how the window tracks and rollers look. Does it drag the same when you use window switch on drivers door as well as passenger door? When you get door apart and run window up and down tap on motor lightly with soft hammer, like rubber or plastic. If window starts functioning, then bingo! Bad motor! Sometimes this doesn't work, sometimes it does. Also pull plug to motor, make sure theirs no corrosion from water/snow getting into door over years. Put some dielectric grease inside plug. Good stuff! Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
His profile says 2007!Is that. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get a can of dry silicone lubricant - I use Liquid Wrench in the silver & white can. Put the windows all the way down and spray it into the tracks/window frame (the verticals, not horizontal) starting from the top corners and all the way down. Use the little red tube that comes with the Liquid Wrench. Then run the windows up and down a time or two. This should do the trick and only cost about $4. Don't used oil based lubes like WD40.

You'll notice the window channels that the glass goes into are lined with felt. The doors have a slight curve to them, so raising the window is pushing the glass into and against this felt. Dry silicone lube will help tremendously.

The window motors have intelligence and will stop due to resistance.