Front USB Ports Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hellohithere

Reaction score
The two front USB ports in my Expedition are lit but they do not work when I plug in a USB power cable. Has anyone had this issue before?

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front USB ports seem to be only com ports. You either need to use the charging pad or the USB ports on the back of the center console. I am beginning to think it has to do with preventing plugging in to the USB port and then setting the phone on the charging pad at the same time.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The front USB ports seem to be only com ports. You either need to use the charging pad or the USB ports on the back of the center console. I am beginning to think it has to do with preventing plugging in to the USB port and then setting the phone on the charging pad at the same time.
Idk if this is a Expy thing or not but the USB’s for the front seats charge in my Navigator. Not all phones can charge on it he charging mat so it would be strange to not offer a charge option in the front.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Yep, 2019 FX4 and the front USB's charge. I would be shocked to find out they don't on yours, try another cable.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The two front USB ports in my Expedition are lit but they do not work when I plug in a USB power cable. Has anyone had this issue before?

Did you read your vehicle owner’s manual to determine if the ports are designed to charge?

OP
OP
hellohithere

hellohithere

Reaction score
Did you read your vehicle owner’s manual to determine if the ports are designed to charge?

The ports were working for the past six months but stopped working this past week. They charged and had data for CarPlay. Was hoping someone on the forums had an easy fix I could do instead of taking it to the dealership. I now have an appointment with the dealership to have it checked out later this week. Thank you all.