Fuel Mileage in ye old toilet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Which is why when I installed my intake, CEL for crankcase ventilation system disconnected popped up indicating a pressure difference due to the increased amount of air. After I installed the intake vent tube insert to narrow the tube, thus lowering the amount of air being blown over that PRESSURE sensor, the light went away

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check for a dragging brake caliper.

This! There was no lube on my pad tabs on the front two wheels, one was dragging really badly, bad enough to groove the rotor significantly. It also left the wheel on that side pretty much black all the time. Replaced pads and rotors on both wheels, got ~10% better mileage.

I still stick with my air density point, though. Colder air will always result in worse mileage, lots more drag.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is pretty common and I experienced that on my 05 and on my 17. It's nothing to worry about, it will get better in the spring.

Thanks Andy....I also noticed that while over the Summer & Fall, each tank was returning 18.2-18.3mpg....UNTIL this past Nov...then it dropped by almost exactly 1 mpg.

I hadn't thought about the fed law & oxy gas.....and actually thought I might need to recal the TB . I figured Ford had a procedure similar to the one Mercedes has issued for my little car. This makes more sense.....so thanks!

jeff

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
I'm going for the obvious here but check your tire pressure. Cold weather can drop you several PSI and can impact mileage.

Boyle's Gas law! As temperature decreases, so does the pressure and the inverse is also true. Check you cold tire pressure... My truck was at 35 PSI, then after a real cold night, the TPS light was on in the morning. A few PSI down can definitely impact your MPG.

Wali4vr

Reaction score
T56 Your right foot got heavier. Put a raw egg between the accelerater pedal and the sole of your right foot. Now.... Don't crack the egg shell.