Fuel tank for a 2003 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TpaRob

Reaction score
My mechanic tells me I need a new fuel tank but they are obsolete and out of stock. Any ideas on a replacement?

David E

Reaction score
It looks like salvage yard might be the only way. I just took mine out to replace the fuel tank pressure sensor assembly (also cannot be purchased new) its not that bad of a job. Mine is a 2005 4x4 so might be a little different. My junk yard (LKQ) now started to offer warranty on the parts I pull, might be good for something like that if its not intact.
Good luck.

SteveP

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to mine before I got it (got it from my sister in law who was the original owner), her mechanic had to fix it with fiberglass and epoxy because he couldn't find a replacement. Luckily the cracks were at the top where the hoses connect so even before it was repaired it only leaked when completely full and parked at a slope. But no leaks now for a couple of years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205