Fuel Trims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAKE94

Reaction score
Hello Does anybody have the stock fuel trim numbers for the 2003 4.6l expedition? I'm getting a p0171/p0174 code, I'm pretty sure after my diagnosis its being caused by my bank1 rear 02 sensor, but I was looking at my fuel trim numbers when I was ruling out the possibility of a vacuum leak at combined there only at about +2.29% which should be well within range but I don't know the actual stock tolerance's.

Goats

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both codes indicated too lean bank one and 2. Definitely check for a vac leak and the fuel trims should be a negative number and not positive. Positive fuel trims are basically a vac leak or a exhaust leak before the 02 sensor.

OP
OP
J

JAKE94

Reaction score
I smoked the system for vac leaks and did find 2, both where fixed but my bank 1 rear 02 sensor is faulty so is throwing me some codes, I was just curious what the original fuel trims would be because now that the vacuum leaks are fixed it will take a little bit of driving for the pcm to recalibrate the fuel trims