Fuse#5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuse#5

Reaction score
Good Day, here are some specs on my 2001 Ford Expedition which I've had for a year. with the 5.4L motor size, cruise control w the 1st recall harness with a 2amp fuse in it which never blows, no speed sensor, auto trans with O/D button on the shifter, manual ac/heat controls, no air suspension as I can tell. My problem is the infamous fuse #5 keeps blowing. At first only the rear blowers worked so I replaced the front blower motor which corrected my front climate control problem. I disconnected the center consoles, roof and floor, I disconnected the blend door motor (which functions properly), disconnected the cigar lighter, glove box light, and 4x4 switch, I took apart most of the dash disconnecting the headlight switch (I could not do a continuity test on it because Chiltons manual only shows the one with the auto light feature which I don't have. I removed the Gem Module which had no water/corrosion, all other fuses and relays are ok. The fuses in the engine compartment where checked and none blown. Not all spots had fuses in them and I dont know if they all need one? The truck manual doesn't show what voltage they may need, it lists the voltage with a - mark. Some fuses were in the spots with the - marks but I don't know if they are correct? *I also replaced the blower motor resistor and the ignition switch. I hooked a continuity meter to the power side of the fuse 5 terminal and a good ground and while I heard the audible noise I wiggled the visible wires all over and under the truck! After the front blower motor was replaced everything worked and kept working after a short test drive using reverse and seeing the reverse lights work! I open and closed the drivers door to the vehicle in all configurations using the remote and keypad on the door, started it with the remote start and manually. It has a champman F50/F55 alarm and I regrounded it and wiggled those wires, I don't know if it's a Factory alarm. So the next morning I used the remote start to cool the vehicle with max a/c, it worked great!!! Then about 1/2 mile driving @ 35mph down the steet it started blowing air without the a/c... *I got to my destination a mile and 1/2 later, checked fuse #5 and it was blown. The front blower still works but now the reverse lights and a/c clutch didn't. Later the day after driving a few more miles I pulled over and put a new 15 amp fuse in #5 turned the vehicle on and it popped as soon as I turned the key. Hours later when the truck was cooled down I put a new fuse in started it and everything worked!! I tried everything to pop it but I couldn't! The next morning it worked for about a mile or two..... *PLEASE HELP ME! *I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360