Gained 1+ mpg City and almost 2+ mpg highway.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When Ford says you should be getting about 17mpg city, does that include with only auto stop/start ON always?
I have a 2019 Platinum and get a constant 21.6mpg in standard drive. I tried sport mode and lost a couple mpg. but I counted that as I couldn't keep my foot off the gas because it drives so much faster.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Platinum and get a constant 21.6mpg in standard drive. I tried sport mode and lost a couple mpg. but I counted that as I couldn't keep my foot off the gas because it drives so much faster.
21.6 mog in the city or highway?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am in your boat as well. All city driving here on flat FL roads and I get maybe 14 mpg at best. I run premium in my 21 platinum w/HD tow. The turbos do sound so cool though……
4wd or 2wd? I ask because the 4wd gets slightly less mileage than 2wd. I run regular and my 2wd Platinum has the heavy-duty tow package and 3.73 diff. Maybe it's just driving habits. Premium gas should give better mileage unless a heavy foot is involved.

Wnomis

Reaction score
4wd or 2wd? I ask because the 4wd gets slightly less mileage than 2wd. I run regular and my 2wd Platinum has the heavy-duty tow package and 3.73 diff. Maybe it's just driving habits. Premium gas should give better mileage unless a heavy foot is involved.
4wd, I had a 18’ limited 2wd before this one and it got around 15mpg city. I will say that when on the highway and kept around 70 it gets around 24 mpg but it likes 80 much better . We don’t take a lot of highway trips its all pretty much stop and go short trips that are to blame. A tank does last about a month so no complaints on MPG just amazed at your 21 mpg and yes engaging those turbos to hear the whistle up to 25-30 mph is a learned art that costs mpg.