Gas Door requires a good wack to open and close it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
anyone else or does it need a simple adjustment from the dealer or lube?

jastevenson

Reaction score
My brand new 2019 may have same issue. I push it in and it pops back out. I have to push it in various different spots multiple times until it latches. Will be taking it to dealer soon.

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree. I have to push it at the correct spot. What happened to good old latch inside the drivers side :D

stricnine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That wouldn’t do to good for those of us that lock doors while fueling. Hahahaha

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My sliding door over the wireless charger doesn’t stay open when it’s cold out...but fuel door is fine.

I’m not about to bring it in for my issue either...I’ve never had any luck with anyone taking apart interior pieces and not screwing them up (including Infiniti, who replaced my entire dash once because I wasn’t putting up with their “work”). I’m hoping that once I use it in the warm months whatever is sticking will get lubricated enough for the problem to go away on its own. Maybe fuel door is the same. You could also try taking the plastic painted piece off and see how it works. The painted door just clips on.