Gas line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wondering...

Everytime I fill up the pump clicks off multi times.. anyone else have this issue??? I got to fuel up at half speed and hold it just a certain way..

SavannahDan

Reaction score
I just started having the same thing happen to my Expedition too. I am going to start by disconnecting the vent line and blow it out with some compressed air. Mine will hardly fill at all and fuel runs out all over the ground. I tried different stations, no joy. One week the truck was fine, the next bam! Will post what I find out.

OP
OP
B

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just started having the same thing happen to my Expedition too. I am going to start by disconnecting the vent line and blow it out with some compressed air. Mine will hardly fill at all and fuel runs out all over the ground. I tried different stations, no joy. One week the truck was fine, the next bam! Will post what I find out.

On the f150 forum they posted alot about the vent line getting pinched or kinked up cause no ventilation when fueling, so the nozzle gets pressure and clicks off.

Sounds like a common issue.

I'll be home tomorrow morning and will take a look. I'll post of thats the issue

SavannahDan

Reaction score
Well, my issue was the fuel vent solenoid on the evap canister. It failed in the closed position and the evap canister filled up full of fuel. Parts were 350 and labor was 225. Ouch!

OP
OP
B

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed the line, added a bigger ventilation line and seems to have helped until almost full.