****** gas milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluzjamer

Reaction score
A full tune up at 7000 miles. How bad could things be. Ok I average 2,500 miles a year. At 10 mpg thats 250 gallons a year.
Or about $625 a year. At 12 mpg = 208 gallons a year or $520 a year. Would you spend $200 on a tune up to save $100 bucks?
With only 7,000 miles on this pig the dealer should fix it for free.

bluzjamer

Reaction score
No leaks no spots....runs smooth. I don't take this on any trips due to the mileage sucking. This is a true white elephant. Nice but a pig. Only good news is the weather is breaking and I use the bike for more trips.

bernardo

Reaction score
question, how hard was it to change the o2 sensor? did you have to remove anything else to get to them cause one of them looks like you need to pull off the whole piping to remove it and did you replace all 4 of them cause my 97 expedition 5.4 is getting barely even 10 mpg. i've already changed my fuel filter and cleaned out my air filter now i want to change my o2 sensors and probably my spark plugs too but they look pretty hard and time consuming. if you have any advice for changing spark plugs let me know, thanks

bluzjamer

Reaction score
Had to fill up today. $2.64 per gal. Took 15.4 gallons and trip was on 195...I fugure thats 12.6 MPG average. Highway and around town....that SuKs.:nono:

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well dont you have a low fuel light i didnt the math when that comes on you have right at 4.5 gallon left atleast thats how my 2000 expedition is

Rfreels

Reaction score
I went from 11.5 city to 13.2 by getting rid of my K&N filter. And yes it was nearly new and not over oiled. It proves that K&N's only benefit some vehicles.

bluzjamer

Reaction score
UpDate

Ok, I was using the free air pump at Hess stations I use.
I checked my tire pressure and low and behold it was only 26-28 lbs. I brought it up to 42 and my MPG is now aver. 16 mpg.
I can live with this for now. Some stations are now at $3 for regular in my area. It doesn't make sense to get a smaller SUV just to get 22 mpg. I can buy a lot of gas with the money I would loose right now if I sold the exp.
:nono:

JimsZ

Reaction score
I drive mostly highway mileage in a 1998 Expi 4x4 with the 4.6l engine and only average 12.97 mi/gal. Only mods are K & N filter which took it from 11.03 to the 12.97. I have heard alot about putting a couple of ounces of acetone into the tank for each 10 gallons of fuel and getting up to 35% more mileage. I'm gonna try that out and see if I can improve my mileage a little.