Gettin annoyed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarsmark

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

New to the forum, love it so far, been a long time browser etc etc...

anyhow, changed my battery the other day, now my rear power folding seats aren't working at all, the keyless entry keypad won't light up, power locks don't auto lock anymore, just a bunch of electrical issues all at once.... any ideas for me to try guys & gals?

Thanks!

Mark

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the fuses?

Does the vehicle start and run? It almost seems like the battery was installed backwards blowing some things out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

guitarsmark

Reaction score
It's night time, will check the fuses in the a.m. battery is in correct though, that is my next step, just didn't think that it would throw all the fuses at once

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In addition to making sure the polarity is correct on the battery, check for any connections close to the battery that you may have dislodged in the process. ie, an accessory connection.

OP
OP
G

guitarsmark

Reaction score
Hy guys, thanks for the input...checked the fuses for the rear folding seats and they seem ok, also checked the wire connections attached to the battery...only thing i did otherwise was i taped the wire that melted on the a/c piping (was making me stall) that problem is fixed but opened up these new ones...

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check the battery terminals with a volt meter to ensure the + is really positive and the - is really negative? It's been known to happen.

Also - consider disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes to allow things to reset again and see if that helps.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hy guys, thanks for the input...checked the fuses for the rear folding seats and they seem ok, also checked the wire connections attached to the battery...only thing i did otherwise was i taped the wire that melted on the a/c piping (was making me stall) that problem is fixed but opened up these new ones...

Melted wire is not good... I would replace it as well as checking your grounding wires to the firewall and chassis from the battery... You maybe running low on Amps..
:head3:

OP
OP
G

guitarsmark

Reaction score
I just gotta find the ends of that wire and it is beig replaced. And i made sure the battery was in right. I did reset it again by pulling the negative off a couple mins, may try again this afternoon though....will keep everyone posted once i get home amd can get at it