Got a couple projects done...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwindo

Reaction score
Been busy, so I've been lurking on here lately, haven't had anything new to add until today :)

Finally got my Gott's mod done, and installed new spark plugs today. The Gott's mod went pretty well, took me about 30 minutes or so. I tried a time saving method for shaping the PVC, and it involved my compound miter saw. Let's say it wasn't OSHA approved.

And, thankfully I have the 4.6, because I can't imagine the headache of doing plugs on the 5.4. Mine was bad enough. It took me about two hours. Roughly 90 minutes on the passenger side. Half an hour on the driver side bank. I wasn't trying to break any speed records, but it was rather frustrating at points. I did not remove the fuel rails; other than access angles, I was able to get at all the holes with extensions and wobblys.

So, I'm curious to see if those two things make any improvement to performance or mileage. Got a 2000 mile trip coming up in May, can't wait to see how it does!

IAExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed a slight improvement with my Gotts, but can't say it wasn't due to driving style changes either.