Got my build date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the Chat on Lincoln website to get an update and they told me my vehicle is in transit. So I called my dealer to get an update (my salesman hasn't been returning emails, but I found out on the call he had surgery), and they confirmed it is in transit and expected delivery date is 11/23-11/26!
That's awesome. I'll bet you're going to have trouble sleeping this week. :D

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I looked back through this thread and I don't see where I said anything about ceramic coating, so I am a little confused. Okay I see that Artie mentioned ceramic coating on the first page. If I'm not mistaken, there is a 3M (I think) film product they apply to the leading edges of the vehicle to help resist stone chips. It's a little like a vinyl wrap in that can follow the shape and contour of the vehicle. I believe they also make a product that you can put over the headlight lenses to protect them as well.
I don't remember what thread it was on but I do remember seeing it and being confused as well. I did a little googling and apparently it is a coating they spray all over the car...essentially it is like a glass layer covering the whole vehicle. It is pricey but protects the car. I have never heard of it before the mention on here.

http://ceramicpro.com/your-industry/ceramic-coating-for-cars-ceramic-pro/

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ceramic coatings are like a high tech sealant put on the entire car. It will cost you close to $1k for a pro job. I have seen cars that had it when I had my Z06. Rain hits your car and just rolls off in a sheet, doesn't even bead. Pretty amazing. The stuff Andy mentions is clear bra - Xpel is the big one out there. Had it on the Z06 and have it on the wife's Q5. You can cover just the bumper or get the whole front clip done like I did. Bumper, full hood, front fenders, mirrors and door sills. In hindsight I would have done the rear bumper too as she is not real careful loading and unloading stuff out of the back. The stuff absorbs rock chips and the like and keeps the paint perfect underneath. You can't tell it's there. Professional installation makes all the difference. Have them roll the edges if you get it done.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ceramic coatings are like a high tech sealant put on the entire car. It will cost you close to $1k for a pro job. I have seen cars that had it when I had my Z06. Rain hits your car and just rolls off in a sheet, doesn't even bead. Pretty amazing. The stuff Andy mentions is clear bra - Xpel is the big one out there. Had it on the Z06 and have it on the wife's Q5. You can cover just the bumper or get the whole front clip done like I did. Bumper, full hood, front fenders, mirrors and door sills. In hindsight I would have done the rear bumper too as she is not real careful loading and unloading stuff out of the back. The stuff absorbs rock chips and the like and keeps the paint perfect underneath. You can't tell it's there. Professional installation makes all the difference. Have them roll the edges if you get it done.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this description. My thoughts are since I plan on keeping the truck long term I want to keep it looking it’s best as well. I have one rock chip on my A pillar on my current car and I swear I see it every time I get in the vehicle, the chip happened over 10 years ago lol.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
congrats on your new sled!!
anticipation is tough, I know. akin to every countdown calendar we had showing our returning from (Navy) deployment.
Happy Thanksgiving.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, Sorry for the confusion Andy. I will look into the Ceramic coating.
No problem, I'm often confused... :confused:

My new iPhone is on the way and should be here on Friday. I was hoping it would get here today but they sent it UPS Pony Express using a 3-legged horse.

1HeliCFI

Reaction score
I always am disappointed when I see the USPS is involved in my shipment. I sent two packages from Nome, AK. One made it to Monroe, WA in 3 days, the other took 10 to get to Lake Oswago, OR. It went via Guam and Hawaii.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always am disappointed when I see the USPS is involved in my shipment. I sent two packages from Nome, AK. One made it to Monroe, WA in 3 days, the other took 10 to get to Lake Oswago, OR. It went via Guam and Hawaii.
I see weird crap like that with UPS. Stuff comes from Ohio and then goes to Michigan and then comes back to Indiana.