Gott's Mod on a 2006 King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cut and Paste from the previous Forum
So I just measured my 2006 up for the Gott's Mod here is what I have found out with photos. On the 2006 it's a single piece and you will probably have to hack it up a bit... that said the photo's speak for themselves - 2 3/8" unobstructed in mine - the calipers on the opening do not lie.

Has anyone in here done this already to a 2006? or other similar year with the same set up - I might have to be the first - however there is no going back after I take a saw to the end of this intake...

PICT0124.jpg
PICT0121.jpg
PICT0122.jpg
PICT0119.jpg
PICT0117.jpg
PICT0120.jpg

So I just completed my Gott's Mod on my 2006 Expedition - here are the photos and details - I have not yet tested it yet - gotta wait until the Permatex Dries, and of course until tomorrow - I had a few bevies while doing it.

PICT0168.jpg
3 1/4" of breathing room... this is a PVC to ABS adapter so it's a little thinner than the standard 3" ABS - it's also easier to make fit into that not quiet round hole in the fender well - I still did a little sanding with a "dremmel" tool to the interior and exterior to smooth everything out

PICT0170.jpg
I'm committed now! Off with your head! :) (b)

PICT0171.jpg
Photos of the intake, rubber adapter, and part I cut off

PICT0172.jpg
Rubber adapter with a little black silicone to seal the exterior - not on the inside so it should not ever get sucked inside - gotta love Permatex

PICT0173.jpg
Finished - completed all installed - now I gotta test it.

OP
OP
T

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It feels about the same - maybe it breaths better underload - but no increase in mileage for sure - infact maybe worse - does seem to possibly have a little more grunt - don't remember it the other way anymore, and didn't own it for long before I did it

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did mine a bit different on the 2004. I used a 3.5 to 3 inch inner diameter reducer on the end of the filter cone. Thn I used a 3 inch piece of aluminum pipe with a coupler at the end to put through the fender and hose clamped it to the end of the reducer. Here is what it looks like....

636a89ba-e276-c50a.jpg