Groaning noise front rear suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funugy

Reaction score
Have a groaning noise when going over bumps. Are there any lubrication point in the rear end ....grease zirts perhaps? If not, would it be advisable to spray wd40 on the suspension areas or would this do more harm than good?

sbar09

Reaction score
pinon bearings or rear differential. You can try adding friction modifier to your diff and see if that helps

OP
OP
F

Funugy

Reaction score
pinon bearings or rear differential. You can try adding friction modifier to your diff and see if that helps

No, I don't think that's it. When the vehicle is stationary, you can bounce the fender and it makes the noise. It's definitely coming from the suspension. Any ideas on how to fix?

sbar09

Reaction score
Shock bushings or MAAAYbe stabilizer links. Just start searching for worn or missing bushings or other rubber pieces haha

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you looked under the truck ? What year is it? More than ten years old any of the rubber parts will start to show their age. My first guess would be swaybar end links, then ball joints. But it could be any rubber under there. Lay under the truck and have someone bounce it up and down so you can see where it's coming from.

-Mike

OP
OP
F

Funugy

Reaction score
Have you looked under the truck ? What year is it? More than ten years old any of the rubber parts will start to show their age. My first guess would be swaybar end links, then ball joints. But it could be any rubber under there. Lay under the truck and have someone bounce it up and down so you can see where it's coming from.

-Mike

It's an '03. Good idea on your suggestion. I'll have my wife bounce up and down as I lay underneath. Wouldn't be the first time :)

f162mm

Reaction score
Also keep in mind that WD-40 will be very temporary fix if the bushing cannot be lubed. The long term fix is to have bushings replaced which is not as hard as you might think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk