Ham Radio / CB Antenna Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Who did you source those through? this is what I've been looking for, but am striking out finding any in black.

Thanks, and 73's
Dave
AK9C

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll provide Mfg and part numbers and where to source.

Barjrob1972

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the Kalibur KF1-L fender mount fits (can be made to fit) my 2015 EL on the driver's side. I have only quick-fitted the mount to see if it will work and have not hard installed it yet. You will have to drill holes as it doesn't line up with any of the fender bolts. The problem might be with the lip of the hood as it closes. There appears to be enough gap from cutting the cable but extra protection around the coax will be necessary.
This is on my to-do list to remove the Lil' Will antenna that only provides barely satisfactory performance and no matter what I do I can't get any better than about a 1.8 SWR in the middle of the CB bands. I run a fender mount on my 2013 Wrangler using a 2' Firestik on a 4" spring with good results. Since the EL is not garaged parked, I figure it will get a 3' Firestik.

PeterK

Reaction score
Hey, guys! New member here, just picked up my first Expy.

Any radio & antenna recommendations? Roof vs. side/back mount?

KK6YGH

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Roof 3/4" NMO is the only way to do it properly. I have 5 on my Expy roof....