Hard Brake Air goes to defrost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I changed the coils in an 06 Limited and immediately following that the brakes are very hard and the air comes out of the defrost vents. That's got to be some sort of a vacuum screw up on my part but I have no clue what. Looks like all the hoses got plugged back up the way they should be. Had my dad look it over to see if I missed anything and we are stumped. Any ideas?

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like you said it has to be vacuum, assuming hooked up correctly the next step is to find the leak, or crack that was created while messing with them. These old trucks don't like to be touched. I have 2 2nd gens. Our navigator has this issue but it occurs at part throttle while cruising and my Expedition just did it today while having the cruise set on 71 on the hwy and a slight uphill grade. I'll be purchasing a smoke machine to track these down. Easiest way to pinpoint a leak.

OP
OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I decided to step away for a day and see if I got lucky on the internet, back at it tomorrow

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the engine bay of your Expy ? Particularly the throttle body area where vacuum hoses run. The hot water valve also. Are you getting a check engine light, or any DTC codes ?

OP
OP
U
Reaction score
301 and 308 before I changed the coils, nothing since. Will get pictures within the next hour- thanks much!