Has anyone straightned(?) factory running board brackets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As I look at my Ex, I'm 99.9999% positive the running boards point towards the ground. I tried to put a jack under one of them, and after lifting up the side of the truck, it immediately sprung back to where it was. I was thinking of pulling the boards completely, and trying to bend each one individually. I would love to just take them off, but the wife and youngun' still need to climb in.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've thought about doing that to mine, as well. But, it sounds like it might be difficult to do if they didn't budge when you used them as a jacking point... Hopefully it turns out well :)

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine bend towards the ground towards the front. cause thats where i get in and on the other side my gf. i want mine off too. but she is so short i cant.

OP
OP
J

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine bend towards the ground towards the front. cause thats where i get in and on the other side my gf. i want mine off too. but she is so short i cant.

Tell me about it. This morning we took the truck out and she was like, you need to buckle the youngun in, I don't feel like crawling in to do it!!

Think I'm gonna pull them tonight, take them to the shop tomorrow and see how they respond to some heat and a BFH...

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up slightly tweaking mine upward while off roading, so the next time I went home, I took them off an threw them in the barn. I think it looks a lot better without them, but then have to listen to people complain every time they get in. . . .

OP
OP
J

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up slightly tweaking mine upward while off roading, so the next time I went home, I took them off an threw them in the barn. I think it looks a lot better without them, but then have to listen to people complain every time they get in. . . .

I don't care about most folks complaining, just the wife. I may have to go the route walnuts did and put tubes on it.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im going to put some rock sliders with steps on them. just so the girl friend can get in. and i know my dads getting older when i hear him moan and groan when he gets in here. haha

99 Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the tubes look much better, and like you said, they are stronger than the factory ones. Those are what I'll put on if I ever put some back on.