Headlight out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my left headlight is randomly out as of last night...I checked the fuse but I’m thinking it is yet again another bad HID ballast. This has been a random, but consistent, problem with every HID kit I have ever installed (regardless of the vehicle or HID kit).

Those of you who have gone to LED low beams, is this an issue with LEDs too?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my left headlight is randomly out as of last night...I checked the fuse but I’m thinking it is yet again another bad HID ballast. This has been a random, but consistent, problem with every HID kit I have ever installed (regardless of the vehicle or HID kit).

Those of you who have gone to LED low beams, is this an issue with LEDs too?
Nope, Ive had diode Dynamics SL1 LED hi and low beams for almost a year now and have had zero issues with them

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same with mine. I couldn’t keep a set of HIDS glowing in my truck so I put halogens back in. The wiring and fuses have a hard time supporting major draw. I’ll be getting the SL1’s when the budget is flush again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same with mine. I couldn’t keep a set of HIDS glowing in my truck so I put halogens back in. The wiring and fuses have a hard time supporting major draw. I’ll be getting the SL1’s when the budget is flush again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You won’t be disappointed. Exact match to OEM fogs

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you have to mod anything with the dust cover?
Nope they are developed to fit 100% behind OEM cover. I unplugged old ones, plugged new ones in and adjusted them since they went in when I leveled my truck

OP
OP
C

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im gonna roll around with one halogen one hid in there until I pick a LED to go to.

Any other good brands besides Diode Dynamics?

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im gonna roll around with one halogen one hid in there until I pick a LED to go to.

Any other good brands besides Diode Dynamics?
Not that will for behind dust cap without modification

OP
OP
C

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that will for behind dust cap without modification

$300 for hi/lows feel pricey, but i guess it beats taking apart the headlight assembly every couple months....