headlight replacement options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So since I got my 08 Expy the headlights have been less than perfect. They're not cloudy the way I see on so many other cars. This looks more like crazing on the inside of the clear plastic. On top of that there is now moisture inside of my passenger headlight so it looks like I might be on the hunt for replacements.

Anyone know of some decent replacement options that wont break the bank? Are there any brands to avoid altogether?

OP
OP
R

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far all my research leads to the Anzo brand for an aftermarket replacement or the no name ones being sold on Ebay. Hoping to hear from anyone who has any experience with either!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far all my research leads to the Anzo brand for an aftermarket replacement or the no name ones being sold on Ebay. Hoping to hear from anyone who has any experience with either!

Go for the generics. The same manufacturer makes the generics as the Anzos. The same goes for Spyder. Pick whichever you like the look of better (Anzo/Spyder) and then get the generic off eBay. If you buy tonight, I think the 8% eBay Bucks promo is still going. Whichever you get, I would recommend opening them up and resealing them yourself as these cheap headlights rarely come properly sealed from the factory.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go for the generics. The same manufacturer makes the generics as the Anzos. The same goes for Spyder. Pick whichever you like the look of better (Anzo/Spyder) and then get the generic off eBay. If you buy tonight, I think the 8% eBay Bucks promo is still going. Whichever you get, I would recommend opening them up and resealing them yourself as these cheap headlights rarely come properly sealed from the factory.

Now there's a guy who knows how to stretch his dollars! My Kerry, the teacher tells me all the time "It's frugal, not cheap"...God bless her!

jeff

OP
OP
R

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ones on my 07 are bad too.

I wish mine looked that good!

Good advice. Thanks! Any tips on opening them up properly/easily? Re-seal with something basic like silicone or is there a better choice?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Jozef Zoldos

Reaction score
I too am hoping to change my headlights. I looked into resealing. There are 2 methods:

- 1 method involves simply applying a bead of silicone at the lens-housing junction -
- the second method involves lens removal and application of the butyl sealant -

Any specific recommendations of what people recommend for "resealing"?

Thanks

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
I went with the generics on my 08. They look 100% better than the cloudy cracked stock units I had. One word of caution. The "keyway" slots for the bulb housing is a little sloppy. I found that I could put the bulb in the opposite way and this made my highbeams point down!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk