Heater Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canyon Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wanted to replace my inlet and outlet heater hoses since the motor will be out . But when I found out how much, holy sushi. My heater hoses have the bypass in them that goes to the aux heater in the back. So I can only get them from ford and they wanted 90 something for each set. Is there a cheaper route for these?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try local junk yards. I bought a good set from Pull A Part for $2.90 total. Royal pain to get off though. Even had the tool which wouldn't release the clips on the heater core. Ended up breaking the lines off the heater.
Rock Auto has the Gates brand but there is just something about buying new hoses without the connectors that bothers me. Close to $100 for the two hoses when you get done. I'm sorry but I don't think that the 6' of heater hose that is there is worth that much money.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if your ambitious and dont mind hose clamps you could cut and and fit with t fittings and the old hose ends wht new hose. you will also need rebuild kits for the quick connects usually.

OP
OP
C

Canyon Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are these "need rebuild kits for the quick connects usually" you speak of?+

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This might be too late for you now, but rock auto has all the hoses. I'm looking at them for my truck since the SOB diceded to leak. :gr_guns:

I would strongly recommend making the whole assembly out of heater hose, assorted hose fittings and hose clamps.
I had a '02 Taurus once, there is a whole heater hose assembly that mounts against the firewall made out of metal and goes a million different directions, of course being a thin metal it started to corrode and leak and of course the part was alot of $$$. I just got a length of heater hose, some fittings and duplicated it and never had an issue.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm doing this now and in my frustration I forgot to keep track of which lines go to each heater core line. Inlet and outlet, left right, front rear. Does anybody with a 4.6L and rear heat have the routing info? I'm assuming that hooking it up backwards would be bad.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition