Heater Problems

Discussion in 'Heating & Cooling' started by lilsag, Nov 20, 2018.

1. lilsag

lilsag New Member

I have a 2008 Expedition. The heater was working and now it is not, it just blows cold air. The carpet is not wet so I do not think its the heater core. I try to check all the fuses but not sure if I miss one are not. It's like its not letting the hot air into the expedition. Thanks for any HELP

2. Habbibie

Habbibie Is it Christmas yet? Supporting Member

Check the coolant level in the radiator, is the truck still operating at normal temperatures when driving? Could the thermostat be stuck open?

3. 1955moose

1955moose Full Access Members

After what Habbibie said, warm up SUV, turn heater on high, feel both hoses coming in and out of heater core at firewall. Both should be hot. If one is cool, your heater core is clogged.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

4. ManUpOrShutUp

ManUpOrShutUp Full Access Members

If it ends up being the thermostat, I suggest replacing with a Stant SuperStat. The Motorcraft replacement is not equal to the OEM tstat in there; it's considerably lighter/flimsier.

If the above suggestions don't produce any results, I would also check the air temp at various locations (driver/passenger side, floor/vent) to ensure there isn't a blend door problem. If it's cold air everywhere, then you can rule that out.

5. 1955moose

1955moose Full Access Members

Fellas, I think we have another one hit wonder here. Its pushing a month, and no return.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk