Height and fit in garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We have a 6.5ft high opening. (Garage is under the house) Had to remove the factory bars, but it fits with 1-2in to spare. I had the dealer drive it over to confirm before we bought it. Got yakima bars since they're very easy to put on/take off.

Wait until there is a little snow under your tires, and it will hit. Be careful.

Michael McC

Reaction score
IMG_8994.jpeg View attachment 33523
While the factory rack/rails likely won't have a clearance issue, if you put anything on those rails that's another story.

I am battling that right now. I can't find a solution to transport skis on the roof without it hitting the garage door opening.
Go to a good aluminum fabricator and see if they will build you customs. I removed my factory rack and replaced it with what's in the picture. Took them to a powder coater and tried to match the underbody color. Cost less than a set of Thule's. Fits in my garage with a 2" lift.

IMG_8993.jpeg

IMG_5864.jpeg

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the reasons I bought a new Platinum was because my 14' Limited EL didn't fit in the garage of the home I am building.. It was too long! The hight clearance wasn't a problem though.