Hello from MN- first time expy owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MNbilly

Reaction score
Hello there expedition folks! my name is Billy from minnesnowta- yaah u betcha! Haha just kidding- kinda I've had the expedition for almost 2 years now & have really enjoyed it. I bought it off auction to sell it & while waiting for the title, completely fell in love with it. Never thought myself to be the "big" truck kinda guy but it was love at first drive...haha it's my first ford or expedition as we've been a completely subaru family since the college days back in 04. Like I said the whole family- the wife & 2 kids & 3 dogs have loved this thing & it was clear right away that I was gonna keep it for good. So right now I'm knee deep in the 2013 el xlt. I got both valve covers off & suspected a timing issue but after finding one busted rocker arm on #1 & one just kinda off on #8, I've decided to stop & consult the experts so to speak. I like to work on my own stuff & while I'm not familiar with fords I'm pretty familiar with vehicles overall. It has around 290k but seriously ran & drove awesome. It didnt take more than a half a quart of oil between changes. Only thing is sometimes if you didnt let it warm up for a minute or two it would stutter if you ever stomped on it right away & would give a cel that would go away. When it happened I was towing a 16.5 lund boat & had been for around 2 hrs but was a mile from the lake going around 20mph & it just died. Like it ran outta gas without the spit & sputter if that makes sense. No anything weird before. No missing, no stutter no smells. Just died. I thought maybe battery somehow & had a new interstate in the boat so I put that in right away(i was kinda rushing to get the boys to their hs fishing league on time & in hindsight lost any codes when i swapped that battery) but it just turned over & didnt fire at all. I got it towed home. The next day Checked all fluids & fuses in & out & everything was good so tried starting it & started but it was obviously missing so I shut er down within 10 secs or so. It did throw cel in that time though & I got catalytic bank 1 & 2 & also 0308 cylinder 8 misfire. I guess my biggest question is would those 2 rockers goin out would thatve made it die or did something else cause it all? Im sure this isnt the spot to post this up so I'll gladly move it to the right thread if needed. & in advance I'm sorry for the longwinded post- cheers Billy

Snapchat-1600964278.jpg

Snapchat-883001166.jpg

Snapchat-1624331892.jpg