Help 06 expy multiple fuses no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FMP Mtz

Reaction score
A few weeks back fuel pump went out ( no noise at all) changed it. Still doesn’t start no gas is being pumped The pump is buzzing so it’s working I went ahead and got a circuit tester and checked fuses while key forward to my surprise fuses 7,8,9,23,25,35,36 relays 4,6 ,202,201 have power someone please shed some light to my Situation please

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Just because you hear noise from the pump doesn't indicate you have fuel pressure. You should have @35psi with KOEO(key on engine off).

By "doesn't start" do you mean the engine turns over but isn't running once cranked?

OP
OP
FMP Mtz

FMP Mtz

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Just because you hear noise from the pump doesn't indicate you have fuel pressure. You should have @35psi with KOEO(key on engine off).

By "doesn't start" do you mean the engine turns over but isn't running once cranked?

It just cranks but it does not turn over I have no way of checking fuel pressure without a gage

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most auto parts stores will rent the gauge. Check with your local stores for loaners or rentals.

Why does the title of this thread say no power to fuses and in your post you state they do have power?

OP
OP
FMP Mtz

FMP Mtz

Reaction score
Most auto parts stores will rent the gauge. Check with your local stores for loaners or rentals.

Why does the title of this thread say no power to fuses and in your post you state they do have power?

There’s no power to the fuses I listed according to the circuit tester...I just don’t know where to start

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid, so don't shoot me, but did you test test light before starting. I've had my regular test lights that blew a bulb.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fuses per 2006 user manual:
7 - radio
8 - rear window defrost
9 - not used
23 - rh low beam
25 - lh low beam
35 - cluster high beam indicator, high beam headlights
36 - trailer tow right turn/stop

These have nothing to do with a no start condition.

OP
OP
FMP Mtz

FMP Mtz

Reaction score
Really wow so what can it be? I was reading that these models have a fue relay inside the fuse box that goes bad you think that’s what I’m dealing with? Because it turns over with starting fluid (only sprayed it once) but it dies like in a 5 seconds.

OP
OP
FMP Mtz

FMP Mtz

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid, so don't shoot me, but did you test test light before starting. I've had my regular test lights that blew a bulb.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
Yes I did test light but what was odd and had me all panicked was that I took the fuse out and checked for power and still had none. Had me scratching my head... but those fuses have nothing to do with the truck not starting so I’m still scratching my head lol

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the sticky in the electrical section for the proper way to check fuses with a test light.

I'll look at the wiring diagrams this afternoon and let you know the next step.