Help! 2023 XLt Just died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sldwys

Reaction score
Update. I went ahead yesterday and filed a NHTSA complaint. Also, got a call from Ford Motor Company checking in and see if there is anything they can help with. This seems strange. The lady said she would be in talks with the service department. Did I get this call due to my NHTSA complaint or is ford being proactive?

OP
OP
S

sldwys

Reaction score
That my 73k 2023 8,000 mile expedition completely died going down the road with my wife and kids onboard. Left them stranded and would not turn back on.

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
Not sure about the NHTSA but I can say that Transport Canada would do an investigation before contacting the manufacturer. Maybe Ford is being proactive and monitoring complaints

Definitely fight for a rental if you have it in the warranty. I'm paraphrasing but my ford warranty says I get a rental when I can't drive the car for more than 24hours. Doesn't say they first need to diagnose the problem.

OP
OP
S

sldwys

Reaction score
I don’t have an extended warranty just the typical manufacturer new car warranty.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expedition is the first vehicle we have owned in years that does not offer free loaners. And it’s the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned. At $86,000 one would think….

Good luck on the fix.

Shakeandbake

Reaction score
My Expedition is the first vehicle we have owned in years that does not offer free loaners. And it’s the most expensive vehicle I have ever owned. At $86,000 one would think….

Good luck on the fix.

Wait, there’s no loaner on this car for warranty work, under the original warranty? I’ve never heard of that before.

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife was driving and the expedition just died in middle of the street and won’t do anything.
Also I wasn’t there but the tow truck driver dragged the expedition onto the rollback. Should I be worried?

Anyone have any thoughts. Also will ford offer a rental? Here it is at the holidays and we don’t have our main car.

That my 73k 2023 8,000 mile expedition completely died going down the road with my wife and kids onboard. Left them stranded and would not turn back on.

All good questions for your service department.

We all feel like victims when stuff like this happens And we all want answers right away. About 10 years ago my wife and 3 daughters were in our brand new 2013 Explorer and it died in a left turn lane in Dallas. It was the battery.

my wife was furious and took it out on me for a while. I was overseas.