Help code P0507

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xsacta

Reaction score
Hello looking for help
I had my Expedition in the mechanic 3 time code P0507 they have change the throttle body and check for leak, reset car but after a day the check engine light come back any body had this issue if so what have you done to fixed Thank you

Ford Expedition 2016 Platium

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello looking for help
I had my Expedition in the mechanic 3 time code P0507 they have change the throttle body and check for leak, reset car but after a day the check engine light come back any body had this issue if so what have you done to fixed Thank you

You may want to post the year, make, model and engine.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello looking for help

Ford Expedition 2016 Platium

Did the mechanic use an OEM Motorcraft throttle body?

Has the PCV valve been changed? If it is clogged, it can disrupt the engine air vacuum and cause engine idle issues.

The valve is mounted in the RH valve cover, and after removing the vacuum hose - it unscrews counterclockwise (but mine was very snug in the grommet).

OP
OP
xsacta

xsacta

Reaction score
Thanks I just saw the mechanic place a aftermarket throttle body- could this be defective and no he never suggested the PCV valve. My original Throttle body look like new but he still change it , my truck has only 50000 miles

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks I just saw the mechanic place a aftermarket throttle body- could this be defective and no he never suggested the PCV valve. My original Throttle body look like new but he still change it , my truck has only 50000 miles

Ford had issued one or more TSB's involving the 2015 - 2017 throttle bodies (I don't have a link or copy). The throttle body was updated with some type of electronic control improvement (I have read about it but can't remember the specifics).

The PCV valve is easy to change - if you want to do it yourself. I did and used a Motorcraft OEM part.

You may want to inspect all the air induction clamps to ensure your mechanic replaced them properly and tightened the clamps correctly. Loose hoses can cause air leaks.

Good luck.

OP
OP
xsacta

xsacta

Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciated. Do you have a video or a picture where the PCV is located?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciated. Do you have a video or a picture where the PCV is located?

I do not.

If you buy a new Motorcraft PCV valve - you should be able to compare it to the existing PCV valve.

It is mounted on the right (passenger) side valve cover of the engine. About in the middle (front to back).

You must remove the engine cover to access it.

My Expedition is parked at the Ford dealer for more than three weeks now - waiting on a backordered steering rack. As such, I can’t easily take a photo for you to post. I’m driving a Lexus rental for the duration.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks yeah I have two recall but they don't have the parts

My 2015 has had an open safety recall for a potential HVAC front fan motor fire since August. The letter from Ford said the parts may be available sometime in the first three months of next year.

OP
OP
xsacta

xsacta

Reaction score
Hello My friend
Just wanted to send an update issue fixed code P0507 was a vacuum hose leak I found the hose lose as I was trying to replace the PVC valve.
This mechanic now a days they automatically said the throttle body( nothing wrong with the part). I am had you gave me advise and I decided to check. Thanks have a bless day.

the factory clamp was broken install a Gear hose clamp problem fixed

Now i am just having issue with my radio got stuck at 0 and an aftermarket radio shop cannot fix it may need to take it to a dealer.