HELP - Front Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have my 09 apart so I can replace a leaking axle shaft seal. Problem is I can't get the axle shaft out and I need to get this thing back together ASAP! Should it just pull out with a good yank? Or is there something I need to disassemble in the pumpkin?

Thanks for helping me out!
Chuck

IMG_3937.jpg IMG_3939.jpg

Wal92tt

Reaction score
Your sway bar link bushings are installed wrong! The end of the sway bar is supposed to be sandwiched between the rubber bushings, just as in the picture, not the way you have it now. If you did this yourself, lesson learned. If you had this done elsewhere, I'd go back with a piece of my mind and looking for a bit of a refund.....
I'm surprised no one else has noticed!?!?424549d1501491124-suspension-how-swaybar2.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your sway bar link bushings are installed wrong! The end of the sway bar is supposed to be sandwiched between the rubber bushings, just as in the picture, not the way you have it now. If you did this yourself, lesson learned. If you had this done elsewhere, I'd go back with a piece of my mind and looking for a bit of a refund.....
I'm surprised no one else has noticed!?!?424549d1501491124-suspension-how-swaybar2.jpg

Nope.

Different generation and/or different part. Yours are generic aftermarket style

08T1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just replaced my rear axle seal. Please do tell how easy/ hard the front is....

CJ

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
oh, one more thing, I used my jack handle or a wrench, can't recall to hammer on with a dead blow hammer to pop it out.