Help me blackout my 14 expy limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ijustdid23

Reaction score
Hi all,

Please help me blackout my black 14 expedition Limited .

I want to

1) XLT black roof rack rail to replace the chrome one that is on my Limited.

2) Replace chrome door handles with black ones.

3) Black Grille in place of the chrome one.

4) Matte Black Rims 18" rims , off road style

5) Remove the Chrome piece on the back hatch. Can I just take it off or do I have to put something over it after I remove it.

6) Can I put a 1-3" lift kit in this without voiding the warranty? If they can lift F150s why not an expedition.

Any advice would be appreciated . If I put this post in the wrong spot, please let me know.

Thanks
most auto body shops can lead you in the right direction, to plasti dip the entire truck for about 500, maybe less... but you dont have to replace parts, the plasti dip gives you that matte black look, i spayed mine, myself

motorkas

Reaction score
Did everything you want to do within the first two weeks of buying the expy.

Instead of plasti-dipping, I took it to my tint guy and had them wrap the handles, roof rack and rear chrome hatch piece in flat black - less than 200.00 dollars (I've plasti-dipped before and while a great product, the prep time with the tape ect takes forever and I ended up claying my old car because of the overspray - the 200.00 was worth it to me - it's been over a year now and the wrap looks as good as new)

Grill - ordered a color matched one from Ford and had them paint it - about the same price as was quoted to you.

Wheels - flat black Method Racing Fat Five's in 18's (getting ready to sell my OEM 20's).

Lift, I went with the Rancho adjustable springs and struts - love them but the pics are with the stock suspension as I just had that done a month ago. . .

FYI - the guys at the detail shop parked it in the Handicap spot for me to pick up - that wasn't me being "that guy". . .

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with motorkas definitely wrap your door handles. I did mine in a 3M vinyl that is carbon fiber and love the look. I did plasti-dip the emblems and the roof rack and have had no issues. I just made sure they were clean and then I used the 3M 94 primer on them and used about three coats of dip to them and they have been through multiple car washes with no wear. I wrapped the back chrome piece as well.

Take a look at my pics to see more detail.