Debating trading in or sprucing up my '14 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BravoAlpha

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Order the Bronco the way you want it. when it gets here, Sell the expy as is while it still has value. It’s a gas hog and soon to be money pit. You only live once.

dadbarella

Reaction score
Hi all, I was already debating switching to a manual Bronco (if I can ever find one) when my mechanic said I should consider trading in my expy. It's almost at 150k miles and will need some work soon. Nothing too big, with the front differential being the biggest. The question is, do I give the girl a refresh or start looking to trade in? I'm not crazy about my options for a new car. I like the manual broncos, but I don't like the idea of a 4cyl. I was looking at stick jeeps, but they're jeeps...
Or maybe I'll put money into the expy. I already have the 3/2" readylifts, bds uca, 33" Goodyear mud tires and a nice aftermarket radio. It would be a little nicer to have it get off the line quicker, maybe a tuner? New rims? Spacers? I'd love to have the hood and hatch paint fixed. Hell, I'd love to have the whole car painted. Get it detailed. I wouldn't mind a nice pur from a magnaflow or Flowmaster.
Do you guys have any thoughts on the matter?
Have you considered selling and buying another 2014. They are few but they are out there. My 14 Limited is like new with 133K. (Not for sale) I love my 14 Expy great tow capacity.

Brons2

Reaction score
I'm keeping my 2010 Navigator until the wheels fall off. Have you seen what the new ones cost? Start around 80K. If you get some of the fancier options it will push over 100K easy. No thanks.

Pele

Reaction score
Which means this will probably be the last v8 I'll own. Do I really want to give that up?

It's called technology.
You have a landline? Or are you still sending messages by carrier pigeon and pony express?

Look at the V8s of yesteryear. 2bbl carburetor Fairlane/Meteor 221 cubic inch V8 makes 145 HP.
That's getting on Honda Civic territory.
As technology improves, we can get more power out of a smaller package. No need for that much displacement.

The 2.5L turbocharged 4 banger in my wife's Mazda CX-9 makes 250 HP and 310 ft/lb of torque.
The EcoBoost engine in the newer F150s and newer Expeditions apparently is no slouch.

Or you could REALLY upgrade to a 6.8L V10 in an Excursion. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire