Help me choose between Stealth and Platinum

Limited w/Stealth package or Platinum?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cris

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I currently have a 2018 Expy XLT that's fully loaded:
- Leather
- Nav
- Adaptive Cruise
- Vista Roof
- 20" wheels (which I'm not a big fan of)
- BLIS
- Driver Assistance
- Ford Pass connect

I also did an LED conversion myself to it and Forscan changes, so overall I'm happy with most of the options.

I am looking to upgrade to either a Limited with the Stealth package or a Platinum. There are only a few things I'm missing in my XLT that would be nice to have:
- front sensors (don't need the camera)
- CCD to improve the ride quality
- adaptive steering (reduce lock-to-lock turning in the city)
- noise cancelling would be nice as these are pretty loud vehicles and my wife had it on her Edge Sport
- massage seats would be nice for long trips as well

I don't care about and it's actually a downgrade to me:
- more chrome
- bigger wheels
- light headliner (I prefer black)
- softer leather (kids will scratch it more easily)
- power running boards (more things to go wrong)

I found a Stealth for $65k and a Platinum for $70k. Since I don't want all the other stuff of the Platinum, am I only getting this for $5K:
- massage seats
- noise cancelling
- 25 more horsepower

Also, should I pull the trigger on these highly discounted 2020s, or wait until a 2021? (it sounds from the other thread that there's a few downgrades to the 2021 with 8-way seats instead of 10, etc)

Much thanks for any suggestions or anything I missed!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Limited Stealth is a lot sexier if you can deal without the massaging seats. If I was to get a 4th gen (or could afford the 70k) it’d for sure be the Stealth Pack. Sexy trucks.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Platinum's will get you the 400hp EB, Stealth I think "just" gets the 375 hp (assuming you are filling it with Premium). Which you already noted. I do like the stealth package look. Black is Fricken awesome.

Last edited:

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is an internet forum! And Internet forums really shine when it comes to spending other people’s money. Therefore, as is my duty as a participant in this forum, I can only in good conscience, recommend you buy the platinum. Because it costs more.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why ditch an 18? Not seeing this as a real upgrade. Paying a lot and losing a lot of equity to gain a few features. Seems like a good way to set probably 10k or more on fire. Different discussion if you had an older one.

Dclr

Reaction score
Platinum's will get you the 400hp EB, Stealth I think "just" gets the 375 hp (assuming you are filling it with Premium). Which you already noted. I do like the stealth package look. Black is Fricken awesome.

I've had a 2019 black limited stealth for less than a year and am loving it. One side benefit is vehicles tend to quickly pull aside when you approach from the rear.

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
I've had a 2019 black limited stealth for less than a year and am loving it. One side benefit is vehicles tend to quickly pull aside when you approach from the rear.

gosh.

You have good equity in your 18 and 20’s don’t really distinguish themselves functionally from 18’s.

You can do a good blackout treatment for around 2k.

Unless you love massaging seats and chrome, why trade your unit in?

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Platinum because it has features you specifically want. Sell the monster wheels it comes with for something that ride and look better. A friend if mine picked up an MKZ w massage seats. They're pretty slick. If I was dropping 70k+ on a truck I'd probably go all out and get anything and everything I wanted.

Not sure why anyone cares what you're doing w equity in the 18. Obviously you realize you're throwing $ in a bonfire but if its what you want, go for it. I'm all for people making spontaneous purchases like these, it frees up inventory for something I could potentially buy. Picked up a few nice things over the years where someone was just tired of what they had or wanted a different experience.

Is the 2018 that loud? I drive an 03 and its pretty quiet up until about 65-70mph and you get wind/road noise but nothing crazy. My parents 2018 Camry is louder on the hwy than the expy. In town and low speeds mine extremely quiet, radio set on 6 or 7 out clearly audible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire