Help me choose between Stealth and Platinum

Limited w/Stealth package or Platinum?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Cole

Reaction score
I was in the same boat trying to make same decision. I was at the dealer and parked the platinum right next to the stealth. The interior differences is what made me choose the platinum, so much more refined and luxurious.

I also liked the lighter color roof inside the platinum.

The price difference to me wasn't that much to me.

The sound blocking "active noise control" is absolutely insane how quiet it is inside. It really is noticeable and great imo especially on trips!

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For all the included content, the pricier Platinum is my pick. After all, you're asking for suggestions on how to spend your money.

OP
OP
C

Cris

Reaction score
One thing I have recently decided is to lease the Expy, so I will keep it bone stock. I don't want to have to worry about the long term reliability of this thing.

Like some of you, I plan on upgrading to a Cybertruck or Electric F-150 in the next 3 years.

The main question is do I want to spend $70/month for:
1. ANC
2. Massage Seats
3. 25 more HP

but have the downsides of:
1. 22" wheels instead of 20"
2. More chrome (ugly to me)
3. Light headliner (ugly and gets dirty easier with kids)

I'm leaning towards the Stealth at this point. I really like the blacked out look and ride noise will probably be similar to my XLT with 20"

Joshua Cole

Reaction score
One thing I have recently decided is to lease the Expy, so I will keep it bone stock. I don't want to have to worry about the long term reliability of this thing.

Like some of you, I plan on upgrading to a Cybertruck or Electric F-150 in the next 3 years.

1. ANC
2. Massage Seats
3. 25 more HP

I'm leaning towards the Stealth at this point. I really like the blacked out look and ride noise will probably be similar to my XLT with 20"

Don’t think my chrome is ugly d6c3342e0a49c98d42107bf26efec384.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew Abrams

Reaction score
Kr doesnt offer massage seats or noise cancellation. Honestly, without the noise cancel, the ride is just as quiet, until the tires wear down. Then it gets noticeably louder. When i had mine, i noticed over time the hwy ride was getting much louder, particularly in the back.
yeah I misread MESSAGE CENTER as "Massage Center"

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
decided to lease I don't want to have to worry about the long term reliability of this thing.

Someone is hiding the headline on page 3. With the new info....

Stealth all the way

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score

1. ANC
2. Massage Seats
3. 25 more HP

My thoughts:

- Stealth also has 22" wheels. They are just mostly black versus chrome or brushed.
- wrapping the chrome in black vinyl can still be done on a leased vehicle

OP
OP
C

Cris

Reaction score
I rented a Limited the other day and it was missing two things that my 2018 XLT has:
- no place to put your phone. Mine is between the shifter and the cupholders. Is this gone from the 2020?
- no power button to release the second row seats so you can slide them forward. Is this also gone?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rented a Limited the other day and it was missing two things that my 2018 XLT has:
- no place to put your phone. Mine is between the shifter and the cupholders. Is this gone from the 2020?
- no power button to release the second row seats so you can slide them forward. Is this also gone?

That slot is gone from higher level packages. In its place is the flip cover for the cup holders.

I cannot remember what package level, but maybe the 202 and higher no longer has the slot that you speak of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cris

Reaction score
My thoughts:

- Stealth also has 22" wheels. They are just mostly black versus chrome or brushed.
- wrapping the chrome in black vinyl can still be done on a leased vehicle

Shoot, you're right. So basically, if I want CCD, I have to go with 22"???