Help!! Something just broke off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Konasan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys! I just need your help. I just saw this rubber hose dangling and I have no idea where is it connected into but the other end is connected to the rear axle. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
Konasan

Konasan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry for the upside down image. I'm having a hard time uploading this via Iphone.

jlo82585

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with capercanadian, you can see on the pic that its running into your rear axle so it is just a vent line, just zip tie it to something or just let it hang, its function is just to allow your rear axle fluid to expand and retract without blowing out a wheel seal. just make sure if you zip tie it that you don't kink it or put it in a place where it could get clogged.

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP, thats your right side up hose! Didnt you notice you've been driving around upside down!? Or do you just live in Australia?

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you do any off roading, run that hose up and then zip tie it so that the top of the tube faces down. This will create an air trap that will help keep water from getting in the axle tube.

markfrei

Reaction score
From the pics both upside down and inverted it is the rear axel housing vent tube, it's normally tucked up inside the frame. As suggested put it back up (or down depending on your perspective) and zip tie it into place.